Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Megadeth awakens to the "New World Order"

• 30-09-2009 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I would have been a fan of ther old stuff, "Symphony of Destruction" and Countdown to Extinction and like Metallica and Maiden would not be too gone on their latest stuff.

However I found this album quite alarming when I went through the cover and read some of the lyrics. Apparently Dave Mustaine has an interest in CT and was recently interviewed on Alex Jones show. He said he believes the up and coming World order, its dictator and religious wing the Antichrist and the tie in with the book of revelations.

Cover of Engame Album 2009.

The cover is rather spooky :eek:

It depicts a line of people heading in one direction towards flames. Their heads are shaved with the number 666 tattooed if you look closer. The walls each side of the image comprise of fema camp coffins. If you stand back from the image you notice the shape of the Illuminati pyramid.

fm4dns.jpg

Some more reference to it here.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/End%20of%20the%20World/realm_of_the_antichrist.htm

The lyrics of Endgame.

Attention! Attention! All citizens are ordered to report to their District detention centers! Do not return to your homes; do not contact anyone! Do not use any cellular or GPS devices! Surrender all weapons at once! Attention! This way to the camps!

I woke up in a black FEMA box

Darkness was all around me, in my coffin

My dreams are all nightmares anymore

And this is what I dream every night

The Leader of the New World Order, the President of the United States

Has declared anyone now residing inside the US of A

Without the RFID chip, you’re just an illegal alien

An enemy combatant of America, welcome to the New World Order

This is the end of the road; this is the end of the line

This is the end of your life; this is the…

A society in a society, inside the fence life as you know it stops

They got their rules of conduct and we got ours

Be quick or be dead, you crumble up and die, the clock is

Ticking so slowly and so much can happen in an hour

I learned my lessons the hard way, every scar I earned

I had to bleed, inside the day yard

A system of controlled movement, like a giant ant farm

Any time is long time, now you’re not in charge of your time anymore

The Ex-President signed a secret bill that can

Land a legal US Citizen in jail and the

Patriot act stripped away our constitutional rights

They say a Concentration camp just popped up, yeah, right!

Refuse the chip? Ha! Get persecute and beat by the

Tyranny of Mind control, for the mark of the beast

All rights removed, you’re punished, captured, and enslaved

Believe me when I say, “This IS the Endgame!”

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,297 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Whats the conspiracy? That Megadeth believe in conspiracies?

Also, I thought things with the Illuminati pyramid on them meant that it is part of or controlled by the Illuminati? So has this album actually been sent out by the Illumanti to misdirect people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Whats the conspiracy? That Megadeth believe in conspiracies?

This forum covers more than just CTs. I see it as covering Conspiracy Theory Pop Culture such as movies, Tv shows and music that highlight the subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Plus it shows someone a little more high profile than the regular users who are into conspiracies. Jim Corr can't be the poster child forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭uprising

Seems a little hypocritical of megadeth, werent they always promoting satanism???, and welcoming the beast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

is it not just an evolution of the anti establishment tone they have always had no?

latching on to one of the latest underground pop culture crazes?

interesting all the same

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

muse are another band some stuff from their latest album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ok0expLH1o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EtkuHzBVFM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSho-0Zhvzc

the last link is the last song on the album brilliant lyric in it ''lets start all over again''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

uprising wrote: »
    Seems a little hypocritical of megadeth, werent they always promoting satanism???, and welcoming the beast?
    This is as close as it gets although Harris was not bad in his track, the Number of the Beast in 1982.

This is as close as it gets although Harris was not bad in his track, the Number of the Beast in 1982.

http://megadeth.rockmetal.art.pl/releases_albums.html

2gubq1c.jpg

megadeth.jpg

megadeth.jpg

1167740_megadeth-killing.jpg

Just seems a little satanic to me

EDIT:The Conjuring
    (Music, lyrics: Mustaine)

Welcome to our sanguinary sect or worship
    Feel at home in our black conventicle
    As we anathmastise
    All those who oppose us.
    Don't summon the devil,
    Don't call the priests
    If you need the strength,
    The conjuring, obey!

Behold! the flames rise
    From the compass' cardinal points
    Burn the sacred oil,
    And with the ashes you'll annoint

Arrange the symbols
    Of the wizard and magician.
    Light the candles,
    Place the parchment paper in position
    Between its leaves place
    The lash from a black cat's eye,
    A straw of a broom,
    Fold, burn and centralize.

Don't summon the devil,
    Don't call the priests
    If you need the strength,
    The conjuring.

I am the devil's advocate
    A salesman, if you will.
    You know my name.

I met your father years ago
    Gave him what he'd please.
    He called my name, you'll do the same.

I'm claiming what is mine by right
    It's time to close the deal.
    You're bought and sold, bought and sold.

Come join me in my infernal depths,
    Mephisto's Hall of Fame
    I've got your soul, I've got your soul.
    The conjuring. Obey!
    This song obviously describes some kind of ritual, probably inspired by Dave's involvement with witchcraft at this stage in his career. The last several verses are from the point of view of Satan claiming the soul of someone who has made a deal with the devil.

"I read the Satanic Bible and all that stuff, but it was so adverse to what I wanted, and is hasn't been until the past couple of years that all that stuff's been shaken. I've had to go through a lot of spiritual healing to get clean. I don't think people really realize how intense that stuff is and the marks it can leave on you. There was one time where I did some witchcraft on this guy who had punched me, and it physically affected him, and to this day I regret it. That will never leave my mind - the power of that stuff. I would rather light a candle than curse the darkness. There was a time when I was very comfortable being part of the darkness because I didn't understand the light. But now I like seeing people smile more than watching them wrinkle up their forehead and make the devil's sign. If half these kids only knew that the way they make the devil's sign really means 'I love you' in sign language anyway." (Mustaine, 1995)

"Our theory is, we play slower tempos, the girls will come. Last night they were dancing to 'The Conjuring.' We're up there going, 'Look at that. They're dancing to the satanic part of the set'!" (Ellefson, 1993)

References:

Sanguinary means 'accompanied by carnage' or 'consisting of blood.'

A conventicle is a secret or illegal religious meeting.

To anathematize is to curse or condemn.

Mephisto is short for Mephistopheles, the devil in the Faust legend to whom Faust sold his soul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

uprising wrote: »

No. And "promoting satanism" does not equal "welcoming a new world order".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

The cover is rather spooky :eek:

It depicts a line of people heading in one direction towards flames. Their heads are shaved with the number 666 tattooed if you look closer. The walls each side of the image comprise of fema camp coffins. If you stand back from the image you notice the shape of the Illuminati pyramid.

fm4dns.jpg

It is a barcode on the backs of their heads in that image .

• Advertisement

espinolman wrote: »
    It is a barcode on the backs of their heads in that image .
    I couldn't figure it out but according to Dave Mustaine it is supposed to represent the "Mark of the beast". It is difficult to make it out in the image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Dave mustaine (Megadeth lead vocals and lead guitar) is a born again christian. The satanic accusations are WAAAAY off the mark. He ordered that "satanic" bands such as Rotting Christ be taken off as a support act from a festival megadeth were to play, as the band name offended his christian beliefs.

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Dave mustaine (Megadeth lead vocals and lead guitar) is a born again christian. The satanic accusations are WAAAAY off the mark. He ordered that "satanic" bands such as Rotting Christ be taken off as a support act from a festival megadeth were to play, as the band name offended his christian beliefs.
    Same can be said for Nicko McBrain drummer out of Iron Maiden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Max Power1 wrote: »

Yeah, he's a complete whack job basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Apparently Dave Mustaine has an interest in CT and was recently interviewed on Alex Jones show. He said he believes the up and coming World order, its dictator and religious wing the Antichrist and the tie in with the book of revelations.

Of course he said he believes in the World Order, he was on the Alex Jones show. He's there to try and sell his new record, he's hardly going to say he doesn't after being invited onto the show...

Mustaine is writing lyrics for a specific market, Megadeth fans! The majority of which are young men who all dig that role playing carry-on, heavy metal t-shirts and you guessed it, Conspiracy Theories!!!
    There is a specific demographic Megadeth sell to and obviously the OP pretty much fits the bill.

studiorat wrote: »
    The majority of which are young men who all dig that role playing carry-on, heavy metal t-shirts and you guessed it, Conspiracy Theories!!!

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

dont forget about rite of passage

im gettin scared now.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭granite man

I've never really had much of a problem with Megadeth apart from a good lot of their songs sounding a bit similar, mostly down to Mustaines vocal style. I don't think it does much harm awakening metallers to the things that be, punk bands have been shouting about the same for years and to be fair United Abominations covers similar stuff. Question is, what awakened you? Myself it was Crass and they took quite a slagging in their time. Any education is better than none and you never know where that education will lead.
    Never knew Mustaine was a born again christian tho, seems a bit of an anomoly considering. Fair play to them for the coverage regardless, they pish on Metallica's attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

if being one of the most talented thrash/speed metal guitarists ever makes him a whack job just because he belives in some cloak and dagger tricks or pizza-ism or whatever it is the sheep believe in these days, then yes. Yes he is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

studiorat wrote: »
    Mustaine is writing lyrics for a specific market, Megadeth fans! The majority of which are young men who all dig that role playing carry-on, heavy metal t-shirts and you guessed it, Conspiracy Theories!!!
    There is a specific demographic Megadeth sell to and obviously the OP pretty much fits the bill.

Heavy metal from the 60's to the 90's in particular focused on mysticism, spiritualism, satansim and 'other-worldly' elements in an effort to say that there must be 'more than we see with our eyes' out there.

This is simply another evolution. The angsty young men referred to by studiorat love this stuff. I know because at one time I was one of them :) I was a role-player, loved metal (still do) and generally wondered what else was out there. Metal has always also been about rebellion against authority, although not as viscerally or as grittily as punks 'anarchy'.

Therefore as has already been pointed out, these lyrics are just another marketing tool, jumping on a bandwagon to make sure the kids of today keep buying. If Mustaine is indeed a born-again nutter Christian then of course he's going to shy away from satansim and go for other stuff.

Remember too that symphony for destruction was about giving too much power to one man (A President), this is just an evolution of that to increase market share imo. Nothing more.

Perhaps in his next album will bring up the subject of deception of the masses and the take over of nations. :eek:

Barroso+fascist.JPG

Y'see, the fact you had to ADD the Hitler moustache in MS paint kinda ruins the effect.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

and there was I busily trying to rub a bit of dirt of my screen....

Advertisement