Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicmaker Sale

Options
  • 30-09-2009 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

Just saw this on MySpace ....

"This Sunday October 4th 12pm. Musicmaker, 29 Exchequer Street will be having their biggest sale in recent years with 50% Disc off leading industry brands Pearl Drums & Percussion, Roland, Shure, Ashdown Bass Amps, Line 6 Variax, Meinl Cymbals and many more.. Do not miss out."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Just saw this on MySpace ....

"This Sunday October 4th 12pm. Musicmaker, 29 Exchequer Street will be having their biggest sale in recent years with 50% Disc off leading industry brands Pearl Drums & Percussion, Roland, Shure, Ashdown Bass Amps, Line 6 Variax, Meinl Cymbals and many more.. Do not miss out."

**** :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Fudge it.

Won't be in the country!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭kfoltman

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Another one bites the dust?

Hope not. Even though Music Maker has probably the most lethargic website ever ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Not much of a sale considering the stock that they currently have in there. Very little left last time I was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

kfoltman wrote: »
    Another one bites the dust?

Hope not. Even though Music Maker has probably the most lethargic website ever ;)

I think they do one of these sales every year. So probably not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

They say fifty percent, they don't actually mean it. I was in yesterday asking about various things, SM 57s, Meinl Byzants, Loop pedals and MIDI Keyboards. None are going to be anywhere near half price.

The SM57 will be 82 quid if anyone is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭rockdrummer

UP TO 50% off, isnt that what they all say, half decent stuff is nowhere near 50%, its all the crap thats 50% !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Johnpaulprior

Hi Folks,

Anyone that wants specific info as to what is in the sale feel free to mail me at Johnpaul@musicmaker.ie Also if there is anything in particular which you are interested in just let me know and I'll see what we can do.

Great feedback and interest so far. Sorry to those who dont feel up to 50% is enough but the same people would be moaning how there's no value from local dealers and send all there business out of the country. It's hard to keep everyone happy!! :-)

Hopefully you can see that we're slowly progressing on all our pricing and also finally getting our stock levels back to where they should be with latest arrivals incl Blackstar, Markbass, Orange all at prices which should compare favourably with the web.

Thanks,

John Paul
    Manager, Musicmaker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I'd expect to be getting 10% to 15% off even if there wasn't a sale. I'd advise anyone shopping for musical contraptions to ask for this discount anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

its mainly aimed at the drummers

I flippin hate people that take advantage of the mentally challenged ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

also it tends to be UP TO 50% (so about 3 things are actually half price) off on their friggin awful prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

I actually hate going in there now. It's so depressing. It used to be a great place when they opened first.

They had a similar sale way back in the 80's and the queue to get in was nearly back to Grafton street. The lads from Aslan were in the queue, that's before they were the hardest working band in Ireland.

Have to stop writing now as I'm off to collect my pension.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

I actually hate going in there now. It's so depressing. It used to be a great place when they opened first.

They had a similar sale way back in the 80's and the queue to get in was nearly back to Grafton street. The lads from Aslan were in the queue, that's before they were the hardest working band in Ireland.

Have to stop writing now as I'm off to collect my pension.:D

Yeah those legendary sales were legendary - literally - but don't worry the 80s are back - with a vengenance.

Musicmaker has been really weird since all the proper staff ran away to that new place on the long mile road.

I think they've been doing really badly since - but serves the overpriced bastards - They pay the girl who does payroll for the shop 45K - and the guys doing the business minimum wage.

Anyone up for a flash mob, smash and grab? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

jtsuited wrote: »
    also it tends to be UP TO 50% (so about 3 things are actually half price) off on their friggin awful prices.

I think my flashmob idea is better.

Why settle for a 50% discount, when you can have 100%.

Paul,,,, could remove the incriminating posts - it would a bit silly to caught after the fact, planning the heist on a BBS.

The last time I was in there - there's F'all stock - especially upstairs - as I've been told since the bods left - the shop doesn't know what to stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭kfoltman

krd wrote: »
    I think they've been doing really badly since - but serves the overpriced bastards - They pay the girl who does payroll for the shop 45K - and the guys doing the business minimum wage.
    Ha! I'm not going to defend such practices, but what would you prefer to do for minimum wage, sell music gear or crunch numbers? (-:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

krd wrote: »
    Yeah those legendary sales were legendary - literally - but don't worry the 80s are back - with a vengenance.

Musicmaker has been really weird since all the proper staff ran away to that new place on the long mile road.

Anyone up for a flash mob, smash and grab? :)

:D

Advertisement