Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peace Park safty and the likes.

Options
  • 30-09-2009 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Argh where to begin...
    Twice people have tried too mug me.

The first time was last summer in 08 I was sitting on that wall yolk near the security hut and these 3-4 kanckers come over to me and my two firends and are like here show us your hone there and blah blah blah you know the same route "Oh we'll let you old our phone " and ****e like that.

Well anyway one of them who was the smallest kept going there fierce cheaky..there fierce cheeky..hit em..hit em" and after 5 mins that fella punch my friend in the nose.Now we had friends right across from us,who saw what wa shappening((didnt see the punch)) and the other guy who didnt get puched whos fairly big was trying to make friends with one of them so all would end easy so he didnt see it.

Now the secuirty guard was sitting down looking voer with the cleaner guy and I was nodding my friend to get them and he did...but they just sat there.Any way after 15 mins they went away after my friend((the guy ho was trying to talk them away)) gave them 5 pound notes and they ran off delighted.My friend across came over and was asking what happend and I explained and then asked why didnt the secuirt guard help and he said"Because he said ye were only talking and givng them the money,not being threatend"....wtf he couldnt get off his f**king lazy arse to come over.

Last incident now was about a month ago happily sitting at the other end of the park,near the back gate when these kanckers come over aksing to use our phones as theres was broken((showing broken phones again to us saying we can hold them while they have ours)),were like no no and then all of a sudden the girl that was with them starts to attack my friend saying "GIVE US YOUR ****ING PHONE",straight away though the guys pull her off and run out.

also two weeks ago an old guy started ranting at two lesbians and then when surrounded by people young peopel askign what the hell was wrong with him he attacked a girl((who was quite short tbh lol)).

In all fairness is there a point to havign secuirty there because they never do anything!,and if your not with a big group of people then these variouse groups of feckign scobes trying the whole phone thing.A friend of mine had his tkaen out of is pocket by one and when he went to get it back the guys ****ing family were after him for 6 months!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

yes, it's very ironic how they call it the Peace Park eh!
    Yes, lots of rotten low life scum to be found in there sometimes. You can't rely on security, I'd say the role of security is to protect the park and make sure no one is shooting up.

Now, to drift off topic, did a few slaps to the head affect your spelling and general grammar?? Your English teacher should be shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Now, to drift off topic, did a few slaps to the head affect your spelling and general grammar?? Your English teacher should be shot!

Couldn't have said it better.

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

yes, it's very ironic how they call it the Peace Park eh!

I presume we're talking about Bishop Lucey Park here? The Peace Park is at the junction of Grand Parade and South Mall.

To be honest, I've never had any problem in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

It is Bishop Lucey Park. As far as I know, MCM Security have a full-time presence there. But it is very seedy at times, I agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

dbl post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

peace park. ironic and alliterative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Ya never know why people call it the peace park, that's up the road. Sit towards the front gate, normally it's grand for lunch and that. If knackers do come at ya be ready to start swinging cause it's pretty much going to happen anyway. Scream, shout and roar at the *****, everyone's afraid of a lunatic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

It needs to be yuppified tbh. I've already ranted about it in the Grand Parade thread so I won't repeat myself here. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

" We need 10CC's of Cafe Nero.... stat!!! "

Advertisement