Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why I want everyone to vote Yes

Options
  • 30-09-2009 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭

For the lulz

/satire

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

You're better than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Rb wrote: »
    You're better than this.

I'm not!...

...tired now...

for me the referendum has ended, from this point onwards no amount of debate will change a persons mind.. and shouldn't even bother to try imo, moratoriums ftw!

so I'm going to acknowledge something that the Yes side have been proclaiming all along... that nutjobs and corrupt individuals have been the main proponents of the No campaign this time round, and an extremely under-funded campaign at that, given the amount of investment in the first referendum.

The Yes side have gleefully used those facts to demean and discredit the entire No side..

It's a joke, and a disheartening one

I hope that whatever happens after Friday, everyone will take a stance to ensure that in future the lies, misleading and scaremongering will be things that are left out of any Irish party's campaigning.

.URL

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The Yes side have gleefully used those facts to demean and discredit the entire No side..

Never has a truer word been spoken on boards.ie . The fact that they have done this while at the same time saying "Oh and don't just vote no because FF are campaigning for a yes" makes it even more unbelievably hypocritical. It's an absolute disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭w00t

For the lulz

/satire

Well his posts couldn't be argued with so.... Sure you had do something right?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Never has a truer word been spoken on boards.ie . The fact that they have done this while at the same time saying "Oh and don't just vote no because FF are campaigning for a yes" makes it even more unbelievably hypocritical. It's an absolute disgrace.

WHile I don't share your views on the EU, I think you and a number of other 'No' posters have always argued you points honestly. Unfortunately the reality is that you and others were drowned out by a very vocal contingent of others who were prepared to spread blatent falsehoods about the contents of the treaty to get the result they wanted. Shame really as it spoiled any chance of proper debate.

But it was an EU referendum in Ireland, so whats new I suppose. :(

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I find it ironic that the brush you use to tar the entire Yes side with is that of the unjust sweeping generalisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

for me the referendum has ended, from this point onwards no amount of debate will change a persons mind.. and shouldn't even bother to try imo, moratoriums ftw!

I think I convinced someone earlier today ;)
    Fair enough. I'm on the verge of converting to yes now, will have to think it over.

Cheers for such a rational debate.

Advertisement