Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Head torches that orbital uses - Where to get them?

• 30-09-2009 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    As per title - want to get a set but can only find ones with one center light on the net.

Maybe Orbital use a specific brand?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Try Millets? or wear two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Try Millets? or wear two.

I'll have a look on Millets - don't think two would look right. It's for a fancy dress so I want the look rather than the practicality aspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

dont become the gimp that copies orbital!!

Its for fancie dress, Im sure he is taking the piss.;)

• Advertisement

2 x small torches
    1 x glasses
    1 roll masking tape

?????

Its for fancie dress, Im sure he is taking the piss.;)

Sure of what?

2 x small torches
    1 x glasses
    1 roll masking tape

?????

1 x DIY piece of **** covered in masking tape.

?????????

A lot of stuff at fancy dresses isn't too well thought out!

The problem you will have too is that, unless it's an 'everyone must come as Orbital' fancy dress, noone apart from fans of their music will have a clue whether you're a posh miner or a neurosurgeon...

A lot of stuff at fancy dresses isn't too well thought out!

The problem you will have too is that, unless it's an 'everyone must come as Orbital' fancy dress, noone apart from fans of their music will have a clue whether you're a posh miner or a neurosurgeon...

Yeah true - It was suggested to me that alot wouldn't recognise who I was but does that really matter?

I was thinking of getting a orbital t-shirt to give people a clue - if they still don't get it well..... having said that I'm still undecided but I like the orbital idea.

• Advertisement

Don't get a T-Shirt, thats the mistake batman, superman and most other superheros made. Put on a symbol and you suddenly loose all mysteriousness.

I was thinking of getting a orbital t-shirt to give people a clue

Become paunchy, middle aged and shave your head...might help!

You could go as 25% of Kraftwerk...though everyone might think you're Gary Numan.

Or 50% of Altern8.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/altern8/Lasher2/Altern8.jpg

Become paunchy, middle aged and shave your head...might help!

You could go as 25% of Kraftwerk...though everyone might think you're Gary Numan.

Or 50% of Altern8.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/altern8/Lasher2/Altern8.jpg

Altern8 is abit too mental - don't want people thinking I'm a die hard slipnot fan or anything.

Kraftwerk - eh.....nah.

Orbital - Yeah cool enuf. I'm not really a big Orbital fan per say at all but it's all I can think of. Don't want to do the cliche stuff at all.

deadmau5 - Too popular now - you'd have idiots coming up to you talking about techno and dance in general that haven't a clue.

Keith from the Prodigy - Prodigy were never really my thing though I like some of their tracks. Dunno about this one. Might be abit too popular aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I have a very large sphere in my room right now, you'll be able to guess what for.

I'll get my coat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

oh fancy dress - if you could go as Kraftwerk you would be by far the coolest person there but i imagine those fluorescent suits they wear cost a packet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Go as Goldie; a stussy t-shirt, loads of gold jewellery, get a gum shield and spray it gold, drink a whole bottle of vodka straight and ride the host's mrs in the living room while everyone watches; you could also bring a cd of classical music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Go as FSOL. Then say you're not going but are willing to say hello by isdn line. Then just don't bother doing anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

I know I have a pair of them somewhere :confused:

Gone to check..........

Found them in in a box in the attic. Where did I get them again............I think it was when I worked in an electronics company - Jesus that's about 14 years ago.

It was cool when we worked nightshifts and there was no managers around - we'd turn of all the main lights and just use the Head Torches (awesome sight to see 40 of these in the dark working away, although the security did get called in alot :D).

And no we were not all Orbital fans (I was though).

That brought back some memories.

That is all.

Ill give you two dairylea dunkers for em?

I know I have a pair of them somewhere :confused:

Gone to check..........

Found them in in a box in the attic. Where did I get them again............I think it was when I worked in an electronics company - Jesus that's about 14 years ago.

It was cool when we worked nightshifts and there was no managers around - we'd turn of all the main lights and just use the Head Torches (awesome sight to see 40 of these in the dark working away, although the security did get called in alot :D).

And no we were not all Orbital fans (I was though).

That brought back some memories.

That is all.

Working in the dark like that sounds mad - how you got 40 people to agree to do it is even madder.

What's the brand name?

• Advertisement

Go as Goldie; a stussy t-shirt, loads of gold jewellery, get a gum shield and spray it gold, drink a whole bottle of vodka straight and ride the host's mrs in the living room while everyone watches; you could also bring a cd of classical music

You know I was actually very surprised recently - there was a program on about him - some reality thing.

The guy is a real romantic - nothing like the image. Maybe he's changed? Dunno much else about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

jtsuited wrote: »
    Go as FSOL. Then say you're not going but are willing to say hello by isdn line. Then just don't bother doing anything.

HeHe. Spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Next time im on a fancy dress im going as Altern-8 :p:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Just go as a serial killer.

We look pretty much the same as usual people, so it's an easy costume.

Advertisement