Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What currency are your accounts in?

Options
  • 30-09-2009 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering that althogh we're all in the euro zone, do most of us use dollars for poker?
    So if you have a Neteller, Moneybookers or similar online purse, what currency is it in?

What currency is your online purse in? 52 votes

Euro €
    0% 0 votes
    Dollar $
    40% 21 votes
    Other ₴
    59% 31 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The Improver

All my poker accounts are in $ but my neteller is in euro, i prob should change it, as thats all i use my neteller for is moving funds around and the odd withdraw using the net plus card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Neteller in $ for all sites that I cant have in Euro

Moneybookers in euro for all the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

$

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

valor wrote: »
    Neteller in $ for all sites that I cant have in Euro

Moneybookers in euro for all the rest

DOT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

One of my accounts is in AU$, since I set it up when I was in Australia. Another is in Euros since I was in Ireland, another is in pounds since it's linked to my UK credit card, and another is in US$ because I got sick and tired of making currency conversions all the damn time.

• Advertisement

FYI you can have multiple moneybookers accounts in various currencies so there's really no reason not to have all the currencies you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

pok3rplaya wrote: »
    FYI you can have multiple moneybookers accounts in various currencies so there's really no reason not to have all the currencies you need.

How do you set it up, could not find on website. Can you create sub-accounts or are they all individual?????

You might have to be registered as a 'Pro poker player' there. I have a special account with extra privilages, maybe it's just an extr that comes with that I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

I'm only keeping a small amount in dollars these days. Games are softer on euro sites, and your protected from fluctuations too. I don't have enough money for it to be worth worrying about that though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

How do you set it up, could not find on website. Can you create sub-accounts or are they all individual?????

if you are VIP then you can have 2 accounts in different curriences, to get VIP just transfer $5K in one month to gaming sites and email them, and they'll give it to you - also have no limits on your account.
    TommyGunne wrote: »
    I'm only keeping a small amount in dollars these days. Games are softer on euro sites, and your protected from fluctuations too. I don't have enough money for it to be worth worrying about that though :(

Does HM take different curriences into account, or is everything just treated as dollars?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

I'm not sure. I only play in the one currency, but I would imagine that it is not taken into account, as graphs that take into account play on two different sites, one euro, one dollar, would need exchange rates at different points, and it just wouldn't work well.

I think you can change the dollar sign into a euro one in HM, but I'm not sure how much that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭NiPoker

USD here.

Typically had my neteller account in £ back when I first started and was getting raped by the exchange rates!

Wish neteller had dual money currency like moneybookers VIP system :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Moneybookers in USD and Euro ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

€ poker a/c. RB, bonus and winnings (lol, winnings) accrue in this a/c then directly trasnferred to my € bank a/c. Easy peasy.

No need for MB these days, but it is a $ a/c since I used get paid RB in $ and I thought it was cheapest for money to go from my $ RB a/c > $ MB a/c > € bank a/c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

I asked them about that and they said:

In case you're interested in accepting different currencies you need to create separate account for the specific currency. I.e one account in GBP, second account in USD, new account for Euro, etc.

Please simply provide us with the new account IDs in order for us to link the accounts to your main account.

Advertisement