Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sushi in the canteen

• 30-09-2009 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else try those little tiny trays of sushi for 4e? I had one the other day and the 'salmon nigiri' was actually smoked salmon which is of course much cheaper and has a far longer shelf life than actual raw salmon they are supposed to use for salmon nigiri.

some actual raw fish would be nice, i havn't tasted taht in ages. even if it was only a once a week thing i'm sure they could russle up some proper sushi and sashimi

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

dont see there being much of a market for it but have to say fair play to the for trying something new this year with the extra services scattered around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

The 9" Pizza and can for €5 is a good deal. Bit of an improvement alright this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭yy885

Webmonkey wrote: »
    The 9" Pizza and can for €5 is a good deal. Bit of an improvement alright this year.
    didnt go canteen for a while...where can i buy that 9" pizza:P?

yy885 wrote: »
    didnt go canteen for a while...where can i buy that 9" pizza:P?
    Down towards the entrance to Canteen from outside. One of those orange stands...Pizza written on big anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭yy885

try one tomorrow:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

They're yummy!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Saw that sushi stuff today and thought it looks well dodgey.

It's obviously fine or else they wouldn't be able to sell it but it just looks a bit off...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

I never used to eat canteen food!!! always over to Gala for a sandwich

Actually the canteen specials are quite good lately. Chicken Burger + Chips, 3.20. Can't go wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

Anyone else notice there was a queue that evening where as people cause crushes nearly to get out of the canteen when there attempted 'rice' is on the special? How many years before they can spot the pattern and learn?

• Advertisement
Advertisement