Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does NTL/UPC cap throttle/cap their BB?

• 30-09-2009 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

Since I switched from Smart I'm really struggling to get a decent upload.
    My friend looked at the router and set DMZ on to try and sort it but that failed too.
    I uploaded a torrent last night and zilch speeds, this morning it was up to 80kb/s and then after a few hours back to 1kb/s upload!
    Plenty of peers and seeds....
    Reason why I ask about the throttle/cap is because I knw that they do in the UK.
    I even forget how to get back into my router!!!
    I've tried 2 diff BT clients as well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Reason why I ask about the throttle/cap is because I knw that they do in the UK.

UPC aren't in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

They are NTL over there?
    Anyway I just seen the main torrent thread :o and everything seems to make sense now, UPC/NTL are torrent shaping, boy am I pissed that I left Smart...
    The BB was far better and Sky digital TV was a far sharper pic than NTLs!
    12 month contract....only 11 months left!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

NTL hasnt been around for ages over ... they were bought by Virgin media.
    NTL here was bought by UPC. Anyway thats beside the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Yeah guy I am talking to on irc said Virgin Media.

On 1 hand I'm pissed off at NTL but on the other hand I know that my problem is actual their policy!
    Turning off my AVG free has helped, gettinga round 40-60 upload speed now, will leave on over nite to see how I do!

Advertisement