Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramore - Brand New Eyes

• 30-09-2009 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Well, what do we think of the latest offering from the band every metalhead says they hate but secretly loves? There's some great power chord/top fret riffs that make use of the new guitarist, particularly the opener "Careful" and "Brick by Boring Brick". Hayley's on top form and there's a more ballad-y feel than usual to the record, especially in "The Only Exception" which has Natalie Imbruglia/Regina Spector vibe to it (whether that's good or bad i suppose depends on how manly you are). So far I reckon it maybe doesn't have as many hooks as Riot, and it's not too much of a musical progression, but it's a strong effort all the same.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

They always sound like Avril Lavigne fronting Fall Out Boy to me. Catchy pop rock kinda music.

Not my cup of tea, but I would sooner hear them on the radio than most of what passes for chart radio music nowadays.

What I am curious about is how Natalie Imbruglia and Regina Spector can be considered a similar vibe? :)

I quite like Regina Spector, and Imbruglia is the last person I would put in the same boat as her, stylewise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

I thought Riot was alright, so I'll be checking this one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Kess73 wrote: »
    What I am curious about is how Natalie Imbruglia and Regina Spector can be considered a similar vibe? :)

Well the only Imbruglia song I know to compare it to is Torn, which I think is a fitting comparison and similar to the kind of floaty music Spector comes out with:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

It's ok yea. I prefer Riot. But the 3 albums have lots of filler and a few really good stand out tracks. I'm loving Decode, not so keen on the*Ba ba ba da* song Brick by Boring Brick.

The Only Exception sounds like a Coldplay track from their first album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    the 3 albums have lots of filler

Nail on the head there imo

I'm not going to rag on this band like some do , the stand out tracks are ones I would and do include in many a playlist. Love Ignorance off the new one.

Just for me the albums as a whole fall very flat, and riot is deffo my pick of the bunch. Think they could be fun to see live though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 ILoveParamore

BNE is by far Paramore's best work yet. I have been an obsessed fan since 2006 when All We Know Is Falling was just released and they have progressed musically so much since then and been through so much, you can really see and hear that in Brand New Eyes. Every track is different and really amzing. Best album i've heard in a really long time and i can see this being an amazing next few years for Josh, Hayley, Zac, Jeremy and Taylor. It sold 230,000 copies on the release day alone!! i'm stoked FOR them! lol

btw i cannot see any Natalie Imbruglia and Regina Spector vibe anywhere!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

havent got it yet, but I do like decode and innocence atm

Advertisement