Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas is Coming (And the Goose is Staying Slim!)

• 30-09-2009 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭

So, Christmas is coming - anyone got any ideas of treat foods for vegans? I've been looking around, because it's a tough time of year for me when the boyfriend and his family have SO much non vegan snack food lying around the place.

I really would like some decent vegan paté - any ideas? I've looked for some online, but not really found any. I thought the Cauldron ones were vegan but they're not:
    http://cauldronfoods.co.uk/range/pates/

Please can someone tell me where to get vegan cream cheese like Tofutti "Better than Cream Cheese" or Follow Your Heart "Gourmet Cream Cheese?

Food I would like to have around for snacking this Christmas will include:

- Dark Chocolate Nuts
    - Lindt Dark Chocolate Reindeer
    - Butlers Orange & Almond Organic Dark Chocolate Bar
    - Marzipan (in Fruit Shapes)
    - Carr's Water Biscuits, Cranberry Sauce, Vegan Cream Cheese
    - Vegan Paté
    - Dried Apple Rings
    - Tangerines
    - Parsnip Crisps
    - Stuffed Vine Leaves
    - Banana Chips
    - Falafels

I am sure that will keep me from eyeing up anything else non vegan around the place! The only problem then is keeping MY snacks away from OTHER people!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

tofutti is available in large dunnes, beside the cheeses. also in most health food stores (which had a fridge). it's usually about €4.50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Getwellsoon

Brilliant!! Thanks so much. Because I actually don't really like cheese that much I've never bothered looking for it. But my boyfriend reminded me tonight that I won't be able to have any cream cheese and cranberry sauce on crackers with him at Christmas (his fave seasonal snack!) and I thought "ah hah! I WILL!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

ah :) it really is delicious. there are a few flavours, but i've only ever bought the original flavour. mmmm on toasted bagels....

I really want to try the garlic and herb one. Not gonna get any til nearer Xmas though. I don't particularly like cream cheese, unless it's on crackers with cranberry sauce! To be honest, I would probably be just as happy to just have the cranberry sauce on crackers.... but now I am too curious about the tofutti not to buy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

So, Christmas is coming - anyone got any ideas of treat foods for vegans? I've been looking around, because it's a tough time of year for me when the boyfriend and his family have SO much non vegan snack food lying around the place.

I really would like some decent vegan paté - any ideas? I've looked for some online, but not really found any. I thought the Cauldron ones were vegan but they're not:
    http://cauldronfoods.co.uk/range/pates/

Please can someone tell me where to get vegan cream cheese like Tofutti "Better than Cream Cheese" or Follow Your Heart "Gourmet Cream Cheese?

Food I would like to have around for snacking this Christmas will include:

- Dark Chocolate Nuts
    - Lindt Dark Chocolate Reindeer
    - Butlers Orange & Almond Organic Dark Chocolate Bar
    - Marzipan (in Fruit Shapes)
    - Carr's Water Biscuits, Cranberry Sauce, Vegan Cream Cheese
    - Vegan Paté
    - Dried Apple Rings
    - Tangerines
    - Parsnip Crisps
    - Stuffed Vine Leaves
    - Banana Chips
    - Falafels

I am sure that will keep me from eyeing up anything else non vegan around the place! The only problem then is keeping MY snacks away from OTHER people!!

stop talking about christmas!...please!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

yay christmas! I usually have nutloaf for my mains at christmas and then the roast veg/mash etc, which is easy to do vegan (though for the sake of my mam's sanity I just have it veggie). Nutloaf goes well with cranberry sauce etc so I find it a better choice than that godawful tofurkey or whatever!

Rose Elliot has a book called "Vegetarian Christmas" which is an excellent resource, many of the recipes are vegan and others are easily adaptable.

Most people won't notice if the crackers/sweet snacks are veggie, so get involved with the snack shopping.

Daragh101 wrote: »
    stop talking about christmas!...please!:rolleyes:

CHRISTMASCHRISTMASCHRISTMASCHRISTMASCHRISTMASCHRISTMASCHRISTMASCHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement