Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Audi Q7 owners here?

• 30-09-2009 10:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

I'm very strongly looking at buying a 2008 one as I personally think they look fantastic, if you drive one are you happy with it?

..........yes I know its for the yummy mummys-I'm hoping to meet a few of them ;), and yes I know a baby seal gets clubbed to death everytime you start the engine :), and yes I even know that I might knock Trevor Sargent off his rothar and crush his screaming little body under the wheels :D

Any advice on specs etc, whats the idrive control thingy like, the panoramic sunroof an essential extra? etc....

thanks in advance.
    HT

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Hammertime wrote: »
    I even know that I might knock Trevor Sargent off his rothar and crush his screaming little body under the wheels :D
    If you need any help buying it, I'm sure most people here will chip in! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

kbannon wrote: »
    If you need any help buying it, I'm sure most people here will chip in! :D

Even though I hate them with a passion it would be the best buy in the world if used for that purpose. Be sure to reverse back over him again just to be sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's fatter but not as ugly as a Cayenne. The latter uses more fuel though, which is a good thing. Mmmmmmmhhh, choices :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

quite apart from the odd engine, gearbox problem, they're perfect.:)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

I think the Q5 is much nicer looking :) or Volvo XC60 I know they are a class below. BTW I'll throw in a few pennies for the the Sargent "accident" indeed the more the better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If Boards has a "vulgar" forum, you may find some owners there

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If Boards has a "vulgar" forum, you may find some owners there

Neither a Q7 nor a Cayenne have a hope in hell to make it to the vulgar forum. Fat and common, both - yawn.

This is a bit more like it - p1ss off all you wannabe plebs - here I am:

rolls-royce-phantom-drophead-coupe-1.jpg

Edit - maybe we should start a vulgar forum? Might be good craic given the times we are in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I like Q7's, think they are the nicest looking SUV by a long shot.

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

I drove one last week (the 4.2 V8) back to back against a BMW X5 (4.8 I think?) and I prefered the Audi. The Beemer had a stronger engine, but the Audi felt much more special and the interior was miles ahead I think. I found the low speed ride quite poor over rough surfaces (with the suspension set to normal) but it improved when setting the suspension to comfort. 90% of the interior was superb and seemed rock solid, apart from the odd flimsy panel. I work for LR, and would personally (although blatantly biased) would pick a Range Rover any day over it, but I did like the Audi. Go for it OP, screw the tree hugging brigade!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

well i would say the only model to get is the 6.0 tdi v12 then you would not need to run over trevor just slowly by him and he'll have a heart attack.......but seriously get it!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Petrol or Diesel OP? I'm sure if you can afford a 08 model you'll have no problem paying €1500 for a timing belt change in 2 years time on the diesel model. If you are getting the petrol you'll have no problem paying €300-400 a month on juice. Either way if you have the cash spend it. There are no hitches on hearses.

P.S. Please dont kill Mr Sargent straight away take him for a drive while red-lining it for every gear change, then force him to put €100 quid worth of gloal warming fuel in the tank, make him pay for it out of govement expenses and then roll over him as he comes out of the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

WTF no Q7 owners !!!!!???? SITE FAIL

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You would need to own a petrol station to run a petrol one of those.... Oh wait now, what does hammertime do for a living?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

mickdw wrote: »
    You would need to own a petrol station to run a petrol one of those.... Oh wait now, what does hammertime do for a living?

lol busted!!

:)

lets just say the running costs are not too much of a worry for me..........

So no one here actually owns one....:rolleyes:

tree hugging leftie peasants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

You'll probably be the first male in the country to drive one.Is there a soccer moms forum? You might be better off asking for advice about them there.:D

There are not too many cars that I think are vulgar but the Audi Q7 land hippo and the Porsche Cayenne are the 2 most vulgar ugly vehicles on the road IMO.
    At least the Porsche is fast.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Victor_M wrote: »
    You'll probably be the first male in the country to drive one.Is there a soccer moms forum? You might be better off asking for advice about them there.:D

There are not too many cars that I think are vulgar but the Audi Q7 land hippo and the Porsche Cayenne are the 2 most vulgar ugly vehicles on the road IMO.
    At least the Porsche is fast.:p

lol

my other option is actually the Cayenne Turbo.

I'm surprised you haven't bought one yet. You've been talking about it for a long time :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

lol

Well between the 2 go for the Porsche without a doubt, not too many of them, the Cayenne turbo sounds absolutely glorious, the looks are a matter of personal taste but you can't argue that it's a very fast, very big, very comfortable Porsche (the Porsche bit means it redeems itself alot on the vulgarity front)

Why not go for an M5 (not exactly a eco friendly alternative, but screw it you own a petrol station) or a 911, even a RR would be a better alternative to the Q7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Well between the 2 go for the Porsche without a doubt, not too many of them, the Cayenne turbo sounds absolutely glorious, the looks are a matter of personal taste but you can't argue that it's a very fast, very big, very comfortable Porsche (the Porsche bit means it redeems itself alot on the vulgarity front)

Why not go for an M5 (not exactly a eco friendly alternative, but screw it you own a petrol station) or a 911, even a RR would be a better alternative to the Q7.

I was just about to say dont bother with the Q7 and get an S8 if you supply your own petrol. Maybe an older RS6 if the roads around you aint too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

but you can't argue that it's a very fast, very big, very comfortable Porsche (the Porsche bit means it redeems itself alot on the vulgarity front)
    Don't you mean Volkswagen?;) Seriously though, i'd have one over a Q7 too - if they were my only two options.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

^^^^^^^^^

10k posts:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Q7 = NAMAmobile. But its nicer than the girlie Porsche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

..........yes I know its for the yummy mummys-I'm hoping to meet a few of them ;), and yes I know a baby seal gets clubbed to death everytime you start the engine :), and yes I even know that I might knock Trevor Sargent off his rothar and crush his screaming little body under the wheels :D

Personally I cannot think of a better reason to buy one, however, I'd have to go with the Cayenne - a) its an engineering marvel b) its bloody fast !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Go for diesel over petrol. 3.0TDi if you ever want to be able to resell it.

Depending on what you want, pick SE or Sport - SE is full leather, heated seats etc while Sport is 20" alloys, Leather & Alcantara seats, S-Line interior & exterior.

Don't go for the sunroof. A small number of them leak, but when they do it's very hard to remedy.

Spec I'd have to have:
    Comfort Centre Armrest
    Parking System Plus
    MMI+
    Bluetooth Prep
    Audi Music Interface

Spec I'd like to have:
    Adaptive Air Suspension
    Advanced Key
    Folding Mirrors
    Bang & Olufsen
    Xenons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Lol.....I'm liking this thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

-Chris- wrote: »
    Go for diesel over petrol. 3.0TDi if you ever want to be able to resell it.
    He's going to get shafted anyway, i'd sooner go down with a V8 turbo petrol. May as well be hanged for a sheep and all that... :)

Anan1 wrote: »
    He's going to get shafted anyway, i'd sooner go down with a V8 turbo petrol. May as well be hanged for a sheep and all that... :)

+1

Cheaper to buy, way more power & performance and probably a super spec too. I don't think the OP is even considering a diesel. Never a better time to buy a V8 petrol 4x4, whichever one it's gonna be :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

There was a nice Q7 V12 TDI outside Tripod this afternoon. Someone who works/owns there has a 3.0TDI...wonder if this is their upgrade...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

lol

Sure why don't you get one of these too so that you an bring it on holidays with you..:D

http://www.airbus.com/en/aircraftfamilies/beluga/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭pcardin

I like Q7's, think they are the nicest looking SUV by a long shot.

S.

SUV?! It's just an ugly and very expensive people carier.

Advertisement