Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Boards.ie go along with the Shush day tomorrow?

Options
  • 30-09-2009 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭

It would i think be a good idea.There have been MANY excellant posts by yes&no side. tomorrow IMO should be a day for reflection,or walk the beach whilst pondering whats good and bad for our Country.
    even going to the website Lisbontreaty2009 and reading it would be better for undecideds.
    it is a very serious vote on friday and in my humble opinion one day to digest the arguments can do no harm,whatever We do decide lets hope it is a wise decision over time.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Heh. As much as I would love the break - not a hope in hell, tbh. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I'll be stressing myself out over it until the booths close on Friday.

Anyone estimate when we'll have a result?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Rb wrote: »

i have a quota of 2000 posts to reach :eek:

otherwise i don't get paid

:D

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    i have a quota of 2000 posts to reach :eek:

otherwise i don't get paid

:D
    If you report a whole load of posts you can easily achieve that goal !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

I don't think we should! We're not legally obliged to and if we can help more people make up their minds, then great!! :)

• Advertisement

We should stick the string "Vote No" into the profanity filter for the day imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Noon on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭moogester

We should stick the string "Vote No" into the profanity filter for the day imo.

Along with the "Vote Yes" one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

If you report a whole load of posts you can easily achieve that goal !

I got the easy job here!

the other guy's job is to open 2000 accounts an paste here same rubbish from coircampaign

:eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

This doesnt apply to canvassing, does it? I think I continued in the Locals, but I cant recall for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Sully wrote: »
    This doesnt apply to canvassing, does it? I think I continued in the Locals, but I cant recall for sure!

Nope, only media. Canvassing will still go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

8-10 wrote: »
    Nope, only media. Canvassing will still go on.

Actually only the broadcast media. The Print media can keep going it they want up to polling day. They generally do not discuss the issue on the day of voting itself though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Hi,ya RB if my memory is correct i think last time Radio coverage was calling it a NO vote about midday(on the count day)
    be interesting to see this time when a correspondent/poloticion dares to call it!

Thanks.

I'll be in work for the big moment unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

a forum is just people chatting, the media is mass broadcasting to hundreds of thousands. I think its ok if people keep yapping on here tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Exit Polls should give us a fair idea on Friday evening I'd say. As far as a silence goes, evil thrives when good people do nothing so lets keep up the fight against the no side and not get complacent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Voltwad wrote: »
    Exit Polls should give us a fair idea on Friday evening I'd say. As far as a silence goes, evil thrives when good people do nothing so lets keep up the fight against the no side and not get complacent

Hmmmm it will be a great help reading

A)I'm going to be drafted into a European army against my consent.
    B)Declan Ganley V Michael'O Leary slugging it out in a boxing ring on PPV
    C)our constitution will be kept in a vault by the European central bank as collateral.
    D)we are voting for TURKEY to have an early xmas...........................:Detc etc etc:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Exit Polls should give us a fair idea on Friday evening I'd say.

Will there be an Exit Poll? There wasn't one for the last Lisbon vote.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I'm not aware of any public Exit polls, but i'm sure someone will leak the internals.

i'm in work, so thats my alibi :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I might be wrong, I thought there would be

• Advertisement
Advertisement