Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote Debugging in windows

Options
  • 30-09-2009 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭

Problem with Debugging Tools for Windows.

I have the following setup

XP(HOST) running VMWare with 2 workstations, Windows 2008 (SERVER), Windows Vista(CLIENT)

SERVER and CLIENT are part of domain, the HOST isn't.

I login from HOST using:
    psexec -u <domain\username> -p <password> cmd

and run from cmd prompt
    dbgsrv -t tcp:port=4343

Then when trying to connect to the service from HOST using tcp:server=192.168.133.129,port=4343

A connection is made, which I can see under wireshark, however it displays:

"The debugger could not contact the remote server given in 'tcp:server=192.168.133.129,port=4343'"

I did some searching and read it could be related to local security policy but wanted to ask if there's a better way to accomplish this without windbg.

any ideas? ideally, the process debugger on CLIENT would run as service so doesn't require anyone logging in to start manually.

I want to debug processes on the CLIENT system (Vista) from the HOST system (XP) but XP isn't part of the domain running on SERVER(2008)

EDIT:

I turned off both firewalls and used 'Connect to remote stub..." this worked..

Advertisement