Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

message problem with n95 8g

• 30-09-2009 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

all my message's where comming in grand earlier with all the names of the people on them now its just showing the number and its not that i have the number saved twice as i found before , anyone any idea's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

byrner88 wrote: »
    all my message's where comming in grand earlier with all the names of the people on them now its just showing the number and its not that i have the number saved twice as i found before , anyone any idea's

Are your contacts still stored on your handset? When you see numbers, as opposed to names, on received sms, this is generally because there are no corresponding contacts in the phone memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

Yeah . It has been grand all along . I havent changed anything on the phone it only started occuring tonite

tried taking the sim out for about half an hour and that didnt work just brought the battery down to low . still didnt solve my problem anyone any idea's its getting quite annoying when i dont recignoise the number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is it happening with calls? And is it all texts or just certain numbers? Have you some numbers stored on the sim card? You can check in contacts > options > Sim contacts > Sim directory.

You might have to reflash the software on the phone

havent got any calls ha . no the only contacts showing in the sim directory are call wait , customer care etc...

• Advertisement

Cant think of anything else at the mo, you could try the firmware and see how it goes

i upgraded the firmware to v30.0.018 when it came out . dont think there is a new one out yet

i upgraded the firmware to v30.0.018 when it came out . dont think there is a new one out yet

But you can reflash the same firmware onto the phone. File might be moved, deleted whatever thats causing the problem. Dont forget to backup the phone first so you wont lose your contents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

>> Tried deleting all the messages?
    >> Tried a reset (*#7370#)?
    >> Tried backing up your contacts, deleting them all, restoring?

will that reset require me to back up all my stuff?

• Advertisement

will that reset require me to back up all my stuff?

Will wipe everything on your C drive

cool gonna have to do something with it soon . the names are coming up fine now i have to turn my phone off and back on again to get my messages to come through

Advertisement