Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B*Witched

Options
  • 30-09-2009 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Irish girlband B*Witched will re-form as a trio, it has been confirmed.
    Group member Edele Lynch wrote on her Twitter page: "We were told to come on twitter to announce it, word of mouth and all that, but B*Witched are reforming for 2010 as a 3-piece x."
    However, original member Sinead O'Carroll, who reportedly participated in reunion talks earlier this month, will not be involved.
    "Sinead is not rejoinin, not because of drama because she is happy wer she is now in presenting and we're right behind her!!! (sic)," Lynch wrote.
    B*Witched - sisters Edele and Keavy, O'Carroll and Lindsay Armaou - notched up four number one singles and two Top 5 albums between 1998 and 2000.
    However, they were dropped by their record label before the release of their third LP and officially split in 2002.
    The Lynch sisters have been performing as a duo since 2006.

They were bad first time around

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

They got their first four singles straight to number 1.
    It was a huge achievement at the time, no band had ever done it before in Ireland. And probably no band has done it since

Not saying they were good or bad, just that they set a record

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I'll look forward to another opportunity to drool over Lindsay Armaou

I liked them back in the day, even have an autographed copy of their second album Awake and Breathe. It's so embarrassing to admit it these days though. :o

The first three singles were very decent pop tunes. I am not ashamed to admit to it. It all went pear-shaped when they tried to get too 'serious'.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They were a pretty decent 'pop' act - why not try to have another shot at it?

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    They were a pretty decent 'pop' act - why not try to have another shot at it?

They won't get away with singing and dancing around like teenagers any more. That's the problem. The songs will have to be more mature. If I were their manager, I would get the Xenomania song writing team involved. That's the only way they will be a success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Posts on a social networking site claiming that B*Witched were to reform were a hoax, it has been confirmed.

Yesterday a Twitter account in the name of group member Edele Lynch claimed that the Irish girlband were planning a 2010 reunion without original member Siobhan O'Carroll.

However, Edele and sister Keavy have since insisted that the Twitter account is a fake.

"THIS IS NOT TRUE! Please do not listen to any of it. You will get the truth from us here," they told Buzzjack via their MySpace page.

The Lynch sisters also revealed that they have set up their own Twitter account to put off impostors.

"We set up one this morning called KeavyandEdele, this one is us!!!! No-one else is!!!! Terrible when someone pretends to be you!" they said.

Pity. I was looking forward to falling in love with Lindsay Armaou all over again....

lindsay_home.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Is Lindsay Armaou still with Lee from 911?

JP Liz wrote: »
    Is Lindsay Armaou still with Lee from 911?

Yes unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

It's tragic that this news turned out to be untrue. They truly were one of the great bands of the last 20 years.

Advertisement