Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to glue a glass ball to a metal bracket?

Options
  • 30-09-2009 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My neighbour has outside pier-lights that have a small glass ball inside the lampshade that is hanging upside down just over the light bulb - supposed to give a nice lighting effect I'd guess. The glass balls are supposed to be stuck upside down to the metal surround but they have been coming loose and breaking the bulbs when they fall.

Any ideas how to stick a glass ball upside down under a metal plate?

The ball is about half the size of a clenched fist. He has tried superglue and epoxy resin so far with no luck.

Thanks!

Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

soldsold wrote: »
    Hi,

My neighbour has outside pier-lights that have a small glass ball inside the lampshade that is hanging upside down just over the light bulb - supposed to give a nice lighting effect I'd guess. The glass balls are supposed to be stuck upside down to the metal surround but they have been coming loose and breaking the bulbs when they fall.

Any ideas how to stick a glass ball upside down under a metal plate?

The ball is about half the size of a clenched fist. He has tried superglue and epoxy resin so far with no luck.

Thanks!

Steve

try no more nails.

i says it sticks anything to anything.

the problem you are probably having is the heat from the bulb versus the cold from outside. you should look for flexible adhesive with a good temperature range.

Advertisement