Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Got mine on steam, there are cheaper places but handiness was worth the extra €10-€15 .

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

This looks savage although I've never played the game on a PS3 - used to play a LOT of BF2 on the PC and miss it...

MW2 for is a bit a joke at the moment but lets not get into that - hopefully this turns out to be a lot better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got mine on steam too, the extra few quid is worth it imo although i might start using direct 2 drive a bit more often,they seem a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

This time I got it on steam but they are rip off FU.CKs, had a moment of weakness when they dangled the instant beta access in front of me. Only for that I would never have got it there.

Take AVP for example......€29 in game and €49.99 on STEAM....WTF!

Yes it is handy but they taken the piss......:confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I just picked it up on Steam too. The xmas sale has let me forgive Steam for the prices of some third party games, which o lot of, iirc, is out of their hands anyway.
    I've never really played BF much before and MW2 was just plain ****e, this looks like a lot more fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Just started the SP of this on pc and my first impressions are not good, the controls are terribly laggy with a kb & mouse and the cutscenes are in panoramic widescreen which looks shíte at 16:10, there's lots of them too, although most will buy this for its MP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

aye Pog I just tried the SP also, the FOV is pretty sh1te, its giving me motion sickness but thankfully Dice have lisened and are supporting a better FOV in a launch day patch and hopefully the laggy mouse will also be fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Despite its flaws I'm really enjoying this SP. Graphics are quite good, although the snow level in the demo is graphically the worst of them, jungle looks great. The completely destructible environment is the best thing about the game, You sometimes have cover, but not for long

So the retail or *aquired* game is worse then the beta.? I aint having these issues with the beta.....Hmmmmm, I hope they get it sorted ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yeah, MP is the way and reason to get it.

Same with BF2, that had NO singleplayer, and look how it turned out :D ...here's hoping the same, they patched the MP Beta up pretty decent come the end.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Yeah, MP is the way and reason to get it.

Same with BF2, that had NO singleplayer, and look how it turned out :D ...here's hoping the same, they patched the MP Beta up pretty decent come the end.

I must agree on the latter bf2 patches.
    I went back to BF2 over the weekend after almost two years away and couldnt believe how much they improved it,nowhere near as much dolphin diving now.
    All the expansions free with the latest patch was a master stroke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Komplett: Marc

Just picked this up on Steam and was wondering if there'd be a nice big Irish community playing...

Looking forward to shooting/being shot by some of you in the next week or so ;)

Just picked this up on Steam and was wondering if there'd be a nice big Irish community playing...

Looking forward to shooting/being shot by some of you in the next week or so ;)

Theres quite a few of us in The Irish Guard planning to get into the game when released.

http://www.theirishguard.com

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

From watching this vid one thing that really stood out was the sound effects, it sounds amazing!! I can see this being very very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Quite enjoying the single player game so far. Looking forward to playing the multiplayer on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I reckon on release day , should just start a sticky where ppl can post their BF:BC2 usernames so people can start adding each other to friends list.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Just completed the single player game. Tis very enjoyable. I think some more time should have been taken to tidy it up though as there are still a few minor glitches - nothing major though.

Can't wait for release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Watched Hour One on GameTrailers last nite and the single player looks ok but I'm getting this for the multiplayer only.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I honestly think that the bots in BF2 were smarted than the AI in BC2.

As you said Jesus, enjoyable but really just a starter before the main course begins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Probably a bit early to ask but from other peoples experience with MW2(I decided to wait for BC2 ;)) where is the cheapest bricks and mortar store to get this on Friday?

EDIT: Actually decided to just get this from the EA store, didnt realise you can start playing the single player. Also for anyone who is interested I found these discount codes: VoucherCodes.com25% and HotUKDeals20%. Havent tried them yet so don't know if they work.

• Advertisement

For info : When I ran the game this morning it download a pre-release patch (~300 MB) that as installde to the BC2 directory (bunch of files as opposed to an .exe)

Also FOV option has been added to the settings.ini file

I download the game with EADM yesterday, received my key last night via e-mail so all is sweet in Ponster's house :)

EDIT: Actually decided to just get this from the EA store, didnt realise you can start playing the single player

So once steam offers the preload can we play single player?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Efioanaes wrote: »
    So once steam offers the preload can we play single player?

From what I've read and heard if you have a pre-ordered with steam then you have to wait till Friday no matter what, I'm not 100% on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

Actually decided to just get this from the EA store, didnt realise you can start playing the single player. Also for anyone who is interested I found these discount codes: VoucherCodes.com25% and HotUKDeals20%. Havent tried them yet so don't know if they work.

Thanks a lot dude, just picked this up off the EA store myself, That 25% off code works so i ended up getting €12.50 off so it came to €37.50 not too shabby at all!

God Dam Yanks are playing this already....why release it over there 1st...ffs. But yeah we deffo need to get a sticky going with just the usernames for BFBC2.

The friends was not working last time I played the Beta even after it was meant to be fixed.....

I am so torn between L4D2 and BFBC2.....I dont know how I will cope....but its a good complaint to have.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Really liked this video

Has made me so torn on wether to buy this or not, tis only £24.99 online from GAME right now......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

thanks for the discount code Al :cool:

I just purchased it from the EA store but when I fire up the EA downloader there is no preload available :confused:

do I have to wait for a key or does it just take a while to showup on my account?

*edit* just got an email pre-load has begun :) looking forward to Friday

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    God Dam Yanks are playing this already....why release it over there 1st...ffs.

Because different countries have different release dates. Like the way that films are released on Fridays in Ireland (I think) while it's Wednesday in France.

For those that haven't seen the FOV changes check out this thread.

• Advertisement

Ponster wrote: »
    For those that haven't seen the FOV changes check out this thread.

You beat me to it :)

Advertisement