Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Efioanaes wrote: »
    You beat me to it :)

Ahhh, that's why I'm a mod :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

anybody know if there is going to be any Irish servers?

just reading this thread on the offical UK forum and there is lads saying that you can play multiplayer if you bought the game from EA store, can anybody here play? I am stuck in work and cant test this out until 7ish

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Are you guys going for the pc or console versions? i dunno what to do. Also i hope ranking up is as hard as it is in BF2 not like getting about 20 ranks in a day with MW2

Peglegged wrote: »
    anybody know if there is going to be any Irish servers?

just reading this thread on the offical UK forum and there is lads saying that you can play multiplayer if you bought the game from EA store, can anybody here play? I am stuck in work and cant test this out until 7ish

Correct. Been playing since last night. SP and MP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah ive been folowing that thread and must say im very tempted to cancel my steam order if possible and get from EA.
    Quick question, are you playing on US servers or are there working EU ones?

• Advertisement

When I tried last night it was just US servers but based on the pings it was with Eu players :)

I'll try again today when I get home from work and let you know how many servers I see up.

With release dates in Sweden today and France tomorrow I guess there'll be EU servers up.

Anyone know what the story is with cancelling from steam?
    Would the fact we played the beta be an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Whats the story with the extra stuff like Vehicle Warfare Unlocks and classic weapons that comes with purchasing the game from EA, how do you get access to them? Will they just be there in the game for you?

Whats the story with the extra stuff like Vehicle Warfare Unlocks and classic weapons that comes with purchasing the game from EA, how do you get access to them? Will they just be there in the game for you?

You get an email from EA with unlock code. Use the 'redeem code' feature in the game to unlock.

I got two codes when I ordered off EA store one was the unlock code for BBC2 and the other was a bonus unlock code so I persume you enter this code in somewhere in the menu of the game

*edit* damn that Ponster is quick

• Advertisement

Looks like i cant cancel from steam so i said feck it and purchased and downloading it now form EA :)
    Thats the last time i purchase from steam tbh.

what a joke, EA downloader is constantly stoping and disconnecting.
    A further investigation of their support says it has compatability issues with windows 7 :(

Seems to be going ok now, dloading @270kbps on 3 meg line, not too bad i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

FFS! Wish I hadn't already put down a deposit at my local gamestop... Otherwise I'd probably be doing what you guys are doing..

Then again I hate digital versions of games (and I have enough already) but I still don't think a physical copy is worth the wait :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Jaybl

Anyone know the price for the console version. Or any info on the trade in offer in xtravision

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Ok, I'll try not to fail too badly in asking my question.

I do not want to pay over the odds for BC2 by buying it on Steam but will, if it's the only way the game will integrate with the steam service. Basically I want people on my (Steam) friends list to be able to recognise that I'm playing BC2 and join the game. I also want to be able to use the Steam service to join friends' games.

I know you can "add non-Steam games" to your games list, but these do not, always, register in such a way that other Steam users can see the title you're currently playing. I've experienced this with a boxed copy of Fallout 3 - whereby Steam only states something along the lines of "user is in a non-Steam game".

Can anyone, please, tell me to what extent will a non-Steam version of BC2 integrate with the Steam service?

The PC version of the game has a built in friends system.
    Ive never had issues with non steam games on steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Fnz wrote: »
    Basically I want people on my (Steam) friends list to be able to recognise that I'm playing BC2 and join the game.
    As far as I can tell, they'll see that you're playing BC2, but will not be able to click the "Join Game" option. In saying that, you'll be able to go in game manually, and join you via the friends list, so that's not much of an issue, IMO.

Me, I got it via Steam. Won't have much time to play it until the weekend, so I'm not all that worried about it. Who knows, maybe I'll get a more polished version? :D

Meh, it's preloading now, so I'll have it when I get home on Friday, without having to go into a Brick 'n Mortar shop.

=-=

Insane difference is insane: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/920963-fov-comparison-screens.html#post12984846

12 servers available on MP

All in USA I think (pings from France >200)

10 RUSH playing the beta map and 2 non-rush playing non-beta map but unable to connect.

For those who can't play yet, you're not missing a lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

the_syco wrote: »

jaysis tbh thats the biggest thing for me, the 95 looks about what i would expect from a BF game.

Oddly FOV has been BFs thing 42 had it, BFV didnt, Bf2 had it, dunno about the godforsaken 2142.

BC2_FOV.gif

Honestly dont see how this game could be played at 55 :|

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Pre-loading my copy on steam now, figures this is the week the girlfriend decides its a good idea to go into labour. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

There is a pretty cool poster in the subway in stockholm at the moment with the city on fire in the background. It would be roughly what you see from the Dice office. Will pick up a copy after holidays in two weeks.

23856_5F00_350261292353_5F00_747272353_5F00_4785678_5F00_6256592_5F00_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Ponster wrote: »
    12 servers available on MP

All in USA I think (pings from France >200)

10 RUSH playing the beta map and 2 non-rush playing non-beta map but unable to connect.

For those who can't play yet, you're not missing a lot...

There was tons of servers when I was playing earlier, a lot with good pings too. Strange thing is I just went back on to take a screenshot and I only got two servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

R0ot wrote: »
    Pre-loading my copy on steam now, figures this is the week the girlfriend decides its a good idea to go into labour. :rolleyes:

Make sure you got the laptop fully charged :D

There was tons of servers when I was playing earlier, a lot with good pings too. Strange thing is I just went back on to take a screenshot and I only got two servers?

low pings now (my fault - was connecting through a UK proxy)

still only getting 10/12 servers though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

dreamers75 wrote: »

Honestly dont see how this game could be played at 55 :|

Easy, its the prefered FOV for a console, ie sitting 6-10 feet from a tv screen with much lower textures and detail

FOV of 95 is perfect for me also

Had a few MP games just now, simply superb graphics,the best ive seen in an online fps.
    Performance better than the beta.

Im getting a few disconnect issues howwever.

Wheres the cd key?

I got the unlock code forthe bonus but no cd key :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whats the single player campaign like?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Wheres the cd key?

I got the unlock code forthe bonus but no cd key :(

I persume you just bought it from EA store, if you did it takes a few minutes to register on your account and you can then get it from the customer service link on the EA stores main page
    Whats the single player campaign like?

I only played a few minutes when there was server problems last night but its pretty much your above average console FPS

its plays like its onrails, it has respawing enemies :mad: (hate this), too many cut scenes, but its pretty decent and the destructible environments add a nice spin on things, the FOV is far to narrow in the single player so it made me feel a bit nacious after a while

but fcuk it, multiplayer rocks

Peglegged wrote: »
    I persume you just bought it from EA store, if you did it takes a few minutes to register on your account and you can then get it from the customer service link on the EA stores main page

Wife did it from home, its at 25% i dont get home till 7 , cmon internets :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Any word, yet, on how well non-Steam versions integrate with steam?

Advertisement