Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Single player is decent but multiplayer is epic so far.
    If only they could sort the connection issues lots are experiencing, they say they are working on a fix so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Efioanaes wrote: »
    Single player is decent but multiplayer is epic so far.
    If only they could sort the connection issues lots are experiencing, they say they are working on a fix so fingers crossed.

Its like BF2 all over again :rolleyes:
    Multiplayer is pretty awesome though, I don't think I'll ever get round to singleplayer at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Is it as buggy as BF2? I have a feeling this game is going to obliterate MW2 in sales :p

Where's the cheapest to get it for pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just buy it where ever has it....you are talking a few euro. Steam is prolly the dearest TBH.

Nearly there now....feel my sore throat coming on for Friday morning.....Its great that mostly girls work in HR departments innit. I mean imagine ringing work and the fella on the phone saying "O yeah..****in BFBC2 day is it..you fired bitch!!!!"

LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Is it as buggy as BF2? I have a feeling this game is going to obliterate MW2 in sales :p

Where's the cheapest to get it for pc?

37.49 if you use the voucher posted in bargain alerts from eastore.

Bought it at 12 today downloaded by 3pm 5.42gb , even quicker than the torrent i bet :D

And i will be playing it tonight :)

• Advertisement

Dammit no cd key yet :mad:

Have the bonus lock code tho :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dammit no cd key yet :mad:

Have the bonus lock code tho :o

AFAIK as of today EA UK aren't giving out the CD Key in advance any longer.

Ponster wrote: »
    AFAIK as of today EA UK aren't giving out the CD Key in advance any longer.

bastards!

Yep :)

UK/Eire release set for Friday and they've been giving out keys since Monday. But the patch they released yesterday got rid of the timelock that was in place was European users (by error we're told).

Strange I was in the middle of a MP game and then the game crashed to desktop. When I loaded it back up its asking me to put in my serial again but when I do it says its already in use?

EDIT: Its working again now. Connecting seems to be hit or miss at the moment. Best thing to do is get on a server and stay there.

• Advertisement

OP not sure if you have figured it out by now or not but you can play online right now if you bought it from ea store.

If the cd key is not showing up in your order history @ the ea store site
    just open up your registery (regedit in run) and navigate to

hkey_current_user/software/ea/ea core/staging/eadm/eadm/online_content/bfbc2/ergc

Your key is stored in here..i just bought the game 1 hour ago and am playing right now

works, but cant connect to login :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Peglegged wrote: »
    the destructible environments add a nice spin on things, the FOV is far to narrow in the single player so it made me feel a bit nacious after a while

but fcuk it, multiplayer rocks

Ohhhh destructible environments :D,whats an fov?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ohhhh destructible environments :D,whats an fov?

Field of View, or lack of view in the default.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

So, is it basically a new version of BF2, with destructable scenery?
    Is the layout all the same for the MP part, ie. servers and pings and stuff?

Can you beat this price?

Items Ordered Price
    1 of: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PC DVD) [DVD-ROM]
    Condition: New
    Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
    £25.73

Item(s) Subtotal: £21.27
    Postage & Packing: £0.00
    Total before VAT: £21.27
    VAT: £4.46
    Total: £25.73
    Total for this Delivery: £25.73(28.4278 EUR)

So, is it basically a new version of BF2, with destructable scenery?
    Is the layout all the same for the MP part, ie. servers and pings and stuff?

More of a watered-down version of BF2 to be honest.

Server-browser has fewer filter options than BF2.

More of a watered-down version of BF2 to be honest.

Server-browser has fewer filter options than BF2.

Is it as good as Bf2?

Loads of new PC footage on you tube now, this is much better then BF2 ever was. I hope I can play this tonite before 12 midnight, but just have to wait I suppose.

Nothing worse then logging into a new game and getting them cannot conect to EA or some **** ...grrrrrrrr.

I was having trouble logging into the BETA the last few nights...is it finished now?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Loads of new PC footage on you tube now, this is much better then BF2 ever was. I hope I can play this tonite before 12 midnight, but just have to wait I suppose.

Nothing worse then logging into a new game and getting them cannot conect to EA or some **** ...grrrrrrrr.

I was having trouble logging into the BETA the last few nights...is it finished now?

After still playing BF2 for 5 years now I'll hold judgement until I actually play it.
    Beta hasn't really impressed me that much..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

wish Direct2drive would release the keys early :(

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

No. A LOT of people are having problems conencting to BC2 servers due to too much load on the A Master server and those that do connect often don't have stats, unlocks, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Just got my jumbo pack of huggies in today, i know once i start playing this i wont be able to contain myself :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

So I take it no servers till tomorrow (or tonight midnight)?

No. A LOT of people are having problems conencting to BC2 servers due to too much load on the A Master server and those that do connect often don't have stats, unlocks, etc...

The beta did end a few days ago.

Chaz wrote: »
    The beta did end a few days ago.

The game was released on Monday in the USA. The Multiplayer servers have been up since then.

The patch that was released Monday allowed all people (like me) who pre-ordered via the EA Download Manager to play on the USA servers rather than having to wait until tomorrow as planned by EA.

I would be very, very surprised if EA managed to fix their network problems by tomorrow so it'll be hit and miss like the rest of us. Once you do connect to a server though, don't change to another, just stay where you are and be happy that you can play :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Could play earlier fine , cant connect to any server this evening.

**** I dont like the sound of this....you wait and wait and then BAMO...no servers WTF!

Do devs never learn about demand, this is gonna suck if its the case....As for BF2 yeah no doubt its a classic game but it look dated at this stage but the playability was super.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Can you beat this price?
    No. Enjoy it when you get it, sometime next week :P

Been on 2 servers now - game looks well done - no crosshair ftw.

• Advertisement

Efioanaes wrote: »
    Could play earlier fine , cant connect to any server this evening.

I played a few games against you this evening and your team won every time. Then I switched to your team and we lost every single game from there on out :o

Advertisement