Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I bought mine online off EA store and now when I start the game it asks me for a CD key. From the emails I got off EA when I got it, a CD key was not provided.
    (I did get one for the Limited Edition DLC but that does not work)

Anyone else have the same issue? BTW the single player works fine, its the multiplayer aspect of the game I cant access.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dreamers75 wrote: »
    works, but cant connect to login :p
    I bought mine online off EA store and now when I start the game it asks me for a CD key. From the emails I got off EA when I got it, a CD key was not provided.
    (I did get one for the Limited Edition DLC but that does not work)

Anyone else have the same issue? BTW the single player works fine, its the multiplayer aspect of the game I cant access.

Thanks
    If the cd key is not showing up in your order history @ the ea store site
    just open up your registery (regedit in run) and navigate to

hkey_current_user/software/ea/ea core/staging/eadm/eadm/online_content/bfbc2/ergc

Your key is stored in here..i just bought the game 1 hour ago and am playing right now

^^

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well the steam servers have been offline now for the last hour or so...it is currently 23:03 and I swear if steam is offline for the launch of this game I will so throw a BITCH FIT....

No friends no nothing I mean WTF!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

New update from DiCE :
    We are sending out new servers to our providers called "R5". They will be testing them out and changing over the servers by tomorrow evening. This server contains some fixes for the "Connection to the server has been lost" message that a lot of you will have seen.

We are also working on making another new server over the weekend as EA has set up some dedicated front-end boxes just for Battlefield Bad Company 2 which we will update the server to use and should work to improve the stability of connections to EA for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Yay looks like we should all be getting stuck in pretty soon, im actually quite surprised at the single player, its not as bad i thought it would be

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Fair play to Dice tbh, atleast they are on to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Efioanaes wrote: »
    Fair play to Dice tbh, atleast they are on to it.

Hmmmm I think you are being a little too understanding. The last game that I was this excited about playing online was Command and Conquer 3. EA managed to **** that launch up as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hmmmm I think you are being a little too understanding. The last game that I was this excited about playing online was Command and Conquer 3. EA managed to **** that launch up as well.

True mate but id blame EA mostly for the connection issues.

Im praising Dice here not ea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

"that is the greatest thing i have ever seen in my entire life" lol :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Also, it's not as if they haven't had these type of issues before. BF1943 was a wreck for the first few days as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Servers restarted this morning at 9am. I can play again but my friends list is now empty !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Ponster wrote: »
    Servers restarted this morning at 9am. I can play again but my friends list is now empty !

same.

Well if it helps the cause....then I can live with re-entering my friends. All we need know is an ATi driver that acutally fixes the niggly problems and we sorted.....roll on the weekend......MILLLER and BFBC2....PERFICK!!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I have come to the conclusion......after many hours of play....that aside from the destructible enviroment...Battlefield 2 is better than Bad Company 2 in every single conceivable way.

-Vehicles
    -Ranking system (rank too quick, higher ranks (Hardcore players playing 8+hrs a day have a HUGE advantage over casual players, making it unbalanced)
    -Unlocks
    -Sniping (way too easy)
    -Spawning on squad leader only
    -Visibility
    -Graphics (I still prefer BF2, BC2 is too shiny for me, and hard to distinguish enemys)
    -Maps (Variety)
    -Classes
    -Hitboxes
    -Gameplay (Uav/Airdrop/Commander/Spotting/being able to see your own health)

List goes on and on

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

agreed but it does the job of filling the void till BF3.

dont agree with having a commander though, the map sizes dont make it logical to have one

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I have come to the conclusion......after many hours of play....that aside from the destructible enviroment...Battlefield 2 is better than Bad Company 2 in every single conceivable way.

-Vehicles
    -Ranking system (rank too quick, higher ranks (Hardcore players playing 8+hrs a day have a HUGE advantage over casual players, making it unbalanced)
    -Unlocks
    -Sniping (way too easy)
    -Spawning on squad leader only
    -Visibility
    -Graphics (I still prefer BF2, BC2 is too shiny for me, and hard to distinguish enemys)
    -Maps (Variety)
    -Classes
    -Hitboxes
    -Gameplay (Uav/Airdrop/Commander/Spotting/being able to see your own health)

List goes on and on

In fairness Bf2 was a complete PC game, BC isnt complete and isnt made for PC so comparison is moot.

BC has a lot going for it but imo its a 90% game its missing too many things to be a PC game altho it has the bugs and connection issues nailed down well.

The increased player size is the biggie for me, you are now one man killing machine with increased speed and firing whereas in Bf2 you were a piece of a killing machine and you relied on your squad to take a flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Macker1

After a slow start to the game it has definately grown on me. The more familiar I get with the maps the more fun I'm having. I normally favour the Recon / Sniper class but I have made an effort to play across the 4 so I can be more balanced depending on the map and my mood. :)

It will keep me ticking over till BF3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Love the game bar the noob tubes which are overused and f*cking annoying, the sooner they are nerfed in cqb the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Who is doing the best price on the PC? (Bricks and mortar shops)

Pacifico wrote: »

40 in game in Liffey Valley, dunno any others

• Advertisement

BF2 was great but I do prefer BFBC2....I prefer BF2 over 2142 all the same, BC is somewhere in between.

The maps in BC are just brilliant especially that jungle one...I LOVE IT

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

Pacifico wrote: »
    €40 in HMV, €40 in gamestop, €40 in game, €40 in smyths..

€29.49 on amazon (including shipping).

Advertisement