Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sealing a driveway ?

Options
  • 01-10-2009 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We have an imprinted concrete driveway which was never sealed (it was here about ten years before we bought the house). It needs painting & I've found some stuff to do that. However it would still need sealing. I've been quoted €500 to do it.

I've found some stuff in B&Q which is "Driveway sealer" (brush on). I reckon it would cost me about €100 ro do the job myself.

However is it better to get the "professional" stuff ?

Anyone any experience of doing it themself ? How about if I got Garage Floor paint (although it would be outside) instead ?

TNX

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

Garage paint has a very smooth finish.
    I would be wary of it during icy conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

How about if sand was added to it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 2010

Got sealer of this crowed a few years back
    Cant remember how much it was but it was under €100.. proper stuff acrylic sealer smells like car paint and you just put it on with a brush or roller
    You Mix powder dye into it if the colour has faded... they also supply it
    Hope that help

http://www.matcrete.ie/tools.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Thanks 2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nanot

try www.nanotechsolutions.ie
    surfapore c, water based,

• Advertisement
Advertisement