Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

throwing things out the window

• 01-10-2009 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭

Someone threw out a strawberry milkshake out of their window and it landed all over my windscreen while I was driving on a country road with nowhere to pull over and a two year old in the back seat.

Please do not throw your garbage out the window while driving. It is very dangerous.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

That is pig ignorant, but you can't post that and not tell us what car they were driving :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It was obviously something without cupholders. a base model Audi perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It was obviously something without cupholders. a base model Audi perhaps?

or a blonde..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I'm sorry, thats horrific and extremely dangerous but I can't help but smile reading that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

How did you know it was strawberry? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You had a child in the car.......................STOP THE PRESS :rolleyes:

What has that got to do with a milkshake hitting your windscreen?

I knew a guy who threw things out the window of his car at cars with only one working headlight so there are nutcases out there. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

What about people throwing lit cigs out the window. They can easily land on a biker or get sucked through the window of a car behind.

Do no new cars have ash trays ?? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

KTRIC wrote: »
    What about people throwing lit cigs out the window. They can easily land on a biker or get sucked through the window of a car behind.

Its extremely unlikely to get sucked in the window of another car. But agreed its bad to throw anything out the window of a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

The Mount Blanc tunnel in 99 in which 39 people died was caused by somebody throwing a butt out the window and in landing through a trucks radiator grill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

*Kol* wrote: »
    Its extremely unlikely to get sucked in the window of another car. But agreed its bad to throw anything out the window of a car.

I have seen someone throw a lit butt out the front window or a car only for it to come straight back in the back window (which was only slightly ajar) and land in the rear passengers crotch. It was like something out of a carry on movie while he tried to fish it out and get rid of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Argh I hate that. if you want to smoke in your car, then please keep your cigarette butts in the car. It's vile to see them being thrown out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Confab wrote: »
    How did you know it was strawberry? ;)

She must have got out to lick the window....:pac:

Anyone who does this is a pig, and deserves all that comes to them IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

She must have got out to lick the window....:pac:

Anyone who does this is a pig, and deserves all that comes to them IMO.

what ppl that throw stuff out the window

or ppl that stop to lick there windscreens clean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

what ppl that throw stuff out the window

or ppl that stop to lick there windscreens clean?

Both....:pac:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I was following a car one day and the kids in the back of it started trowing their toy cars/tractors out the window. I got a bit of a shock when I seen a John Deere bouncing on the road in front of me.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shires

Once, while out on the bike in a residential area of Dublin, I got a bag of chips in the head from a passing car. To this day I have no idea why.

I was fairly fked off at the time, but in all fairness, top points for originality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Shires wrote: »
    Once, while out on the bike in a residential area of Dublin, I got a bag of chips in the head from a passing car. To this day I have no idea why.

I was fairly fked off at the time, but in all fairness, top points for originality!

Did you eat them afterwards?!?! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I know a biker who got a lit cigarrette but flicked through his open visor & burned his face while approaching a junction - could have caused a bad accident...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Berty wrote: »
    You had a child in the car.......................STOP THE PRESS :rolleyes:
    I think the point being made was more than one life was put at risk, and one of them was a very young life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

My mum was cycling to work one day and someone threw a butt out the window at her and it landed on her lap and burnt her, so she picked it back up cycled up beside the car at traffic lights and threw it back in at the driver.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

Something similar happened in dublin city near santry last week. I was standing at some traffic lights waiting to cross the road and there was another guy beside me. A car went by and the passenger threw out a maxi twist ice cream which mostly missed me and covered the guy beside me. The lights were red about 50 meters down the road and your man ran after the car and pulled the guy who threw it out and proceeded to beat seven kinds of **** out of him. He deserved every bit he got. The driver didn't budge which was strange.

But in your case what they did could have been pretty dangerous if the milkshake was full and covered most of your windshield, its usually very sticky so your wipers would only make it worse. Really dangerous if you were traveling with speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

The incident was caught on CCTV. Have a look here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

bigkev49 wrote: »

Can't find the vid due to copyright restrictions :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

Don't take it personally, just a northsider having an orgasm.

(I live north of the liffey, but couldn't pass up the punchline!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I love when people throw stuff out my passenger window when I'm driving, Considering I am right handed I've become pretty good at giving dead legs with my left arm.

People have stopped throwing stuff out my window recently. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

I was driving behind a car coming from Bray and the back passengers started throwing the open McDonalds sauce containers out the back window.

As soon as they hit my window they burst everywhere. I didn't know what was going on and had to pull over to clean the window.

My windscreen was ruined but the car smelled of BBQ sauce for a while.

MMMMM BBQ!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I was at a bus stop on the Navan Road earlier in the year and someone threw a 1/2 full 500ml bottle of Coke out their window at the people in the bus stop and they narrowly missed hitting a 70+ year old woman in the head. She was scared ****less as she should have been... I honestly think it would have caused anyone it hit some serious damage. That's the 3rd time I've seen that happen and it is shockingly dangerous and randomly violent - I seriously considered walking down the street to the Garda station but didn't as there was probably nothing they could do to catch the people.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I always remember the time I was walking down the road with my mate a good few years ago. Someone threw a half eaten full chicken. Hit him in the leg and bits of chicken and grease went everywhere. I fell around the place laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I have had a apple hit me in the chest, a cigarette butt in the lap and a bottle off my helmet.

The apple was a kid in the back who decided he didn't want it, at 80kph going the other way it really hurt.

Cigarette butt was while moving through traffic. Never hear from the cops about the following "conversation" so assuming its in the past now. He would be stupid to do it again.

Bottle was annoying but not major.

I got hit by the remains of a bird before as well. But in fairness I don't think the transit who hit it originally intended the action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

Throwing cigarette butts out of the cars are a very frequent ocurrence in this country. Immagine if we had a climate like Greece, Spain or Croatia! We would be on fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

I witnessed a guy empty the contents of his ashtray and all of his other rubbish in a car park once. I put it all i na bag an followed him, caught him about a mile up the road stopped at lights. I knocked on his window and when he opened it I tipped his rubbish into his lap.

I suppose that is throwing things in a window instead of out;)

Advertisement