Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for SEO, SEM and Monetisation courses

Options
  • 01-10-2009 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been looking for ages for specific part-time or evening courses on SEO, SEM and Monetisation based in Dublin. Now before people post, I am obviously aware of online resources for all of the above and that they are incorporated into many courses given by various colleges throughout Dublin. However, I'm not interested in them, I'm only interested in courses specifically on the topics of SEO, SEM and Monetisation.

I have hired freelancers via elance in the past but that's not an option I'm currently interested in.

All suggestions, feedback, options and information welcome thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gaillimh_abu

Hi,

I have been looking for ages for specific part-time or evening courses on SEO, SEM and Monetisation based in Dublin. Now before people post, I am obviously aware of online resources for all of the above and that they are incorporated into many courses given by various colleges throughout Dublin. However, I'm not interested in them, I'm only interested in courses specifically on the topics of SEO, SEM and Monetisation.

I have hired freelancers via elance in the past but that's not an option I'm currently interested in.

All suggestions, feedback, options and information welcome thanks!

How about these dudes? - http://www.ringjohn.com/training-courses/

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RedCardinal

Digital Marketing Institute also offer courses - digitalmarketinginstitute.ie.

(Disclosure: I'm one of the lecturers)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ivorystraws

Thanks but the courses offered are quite expensive for me.

That's actually extremely interesting so thanks for letting me know about such certifications. Is there a complete listing of exactly what certifications are available from google, the exam dates and ceters etc in Dublin? I'm very interested in such vertifications!

That's actually extremely interesting so thanks for letting me know about such certifications. Is there a complete listing of exactly what certifications are available from google, the exam dates and ceters etc in Dublin? I'm very interested in such vertifications!

Maybe we're slightly x-wired - the Digital Marketing Institute is an independent organisation (not affiliated with Google). If you want to find out more I suggest you get in touch with them directly.

One further point that may be of interest - John Ring of ringjohn.com (referenced above) is also a lecturer on the Digital Marketing Institute courses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Just looked at that site RedCardinal-very impressive set of lecturers and a well laid out course for people looking for the right information.

Maybe we're slightly x-wired - the Digital Marketing Institute is an independent organisation (not affiliated with Google). If you want to find out more I suggest you get in touch with them directly.

One further point that may be of interest - John Ring of ringjohn.com (referenced above) is also a lecturer on the Digital Marketing Institute courses.

Thanks for the clarification. From the suggestions given so far, I finally found exactly what I would prefer to do, that is, the "Qualified Google Advertising Professional" certification. Now correct me if I'm wrong but it can be completed online using google's resources, whereby the certification costs just $50 although there are some pre-requisites such as having an 90 days adwords campaign that has a total minimal spend etc.

ANyone have such a qualification? Any thoughts or criticisms on taking on such a certification?
    I found the following link extremely interesting and helpful and this certification seems like little money well-spent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Thanks for the clarification. From the suggestions given so far, I finally found exactly what I would prefer to do, that is, the "Qualified Google Advertising Professional" certification. Now correct me if I'm wrong but it can be completed online using google's resources, whereby the certification costs just $50 although there are some pre-requisites such as having an 90 days adwords campaign that has a total minimal spend etc.

ANyone have such a qualification? Any thoughts or criticisms on taking on such a certification?
    I found the following link extremely interesting and helpful and this certification seems like little money well-spent!

Just means you are qualified to use google adwords really I think-its not about SEO at all. Most big companies that offer online services have this cert. It all depends on what you want to learn and what you want to do with that information I guess.

That's a basic primer course for Adwords. It wont teach you anything about SEO or online marketing per-se.

Can anyone answer the question:"What are the required prerequisites to register to complete the "Qualified Google Advertising Professional" certification?" Time? Cost? etc.?

• Advertisement

Did you not go to google and read what you're required to do ? Do you know how to use google ?

It shouldn't take you 4 weeks (date you started the thread) to find out what's required for the Google adwords cert thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RedFly

Can anyone answer the question:"What are the required prerequisites to register to complete the "Qualified Google Advertising Professional" certification?" Time? Cost? etc.?

You can check the requirements here:
    https://adwords.google.com/support/select/professionals/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=12241

The test is incredibly simple. If you use AdWords or spend an hour going through the quizzes, you can pass it.

The test is $50 (USD).

You wont learn much about online marketing overall by getting this "qualification". I wouldn't bother if you're not going for a job that requires it.

Digital Marketing Institute as mentioned above is your best bet.

Did you not go to google and read what you're required to do ? Do you know how to use google ?

It shouldn't take you 4 weeks (date you started the thread) to find out what's required for the Google adwords cert thing.

Did you read my thread in full? Have you read all answers to my thread and my comments? If you did, you'd realise that I'm asking for specific information from people who have completed the course in question.
    Do you have a life outside of your online one i.e. just because someone posts a thread 4 weeks ago doesn't mean it's a requirement to hang off that thread/post.
    Any other nice comments you need to make Mr "TheEntrepreneur".

Stop embarrassing yourself.

RedFly wrote: »
    You can check the requirements here:
    https://adwords.google.com/support/select/professionals/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=12241

The test is incredibly simple. If you use AdWords or spend an hour going through the quizzes, you can pass it.

The test is $50 (USD).

You wont learn much about online marketing overall by getting this "qualification". I wouldn't bother if you're not going for a job that requires it.

Digital Marketing Institute as mentioned above is your best bet.

Thanks for your response RedFly. I'm not going for any job that requires such a qualification. I don't need such qualifications but I was interested in it. I'm aware of the $50 fee and I've gone through some of the quizzes. I was more concerned with people's views or experiences of running the ad campaign, completing the quizzes and whether they thought it was worth the effort.
    Like you mentioned, I agree that the tests are not difficult although I am thinking that the Digital Marketing Institute is probably a better bet. I'd just like to be aware of all the available options out there and peoples experiences using them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 vijay.bidla

test..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chilimap

Posted by msnman - charlotte seo

I can tell you this DO NOT USE Gary Laskey. He will just take your money and will be no help..... Please beware.

Will someone suggest a good internet marketing company consultant

Advertisement