Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your FIFA Settings?

Options
  • 01-10-2009 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what assists / levels people are playing at / with? With the demo out, have people been experimenting with new styles? I've tried to get into Manual settings but...just...can't!

Me:
    Difficulty: World Class
    Player Switching: One bar
    Pass assist : Semi
    Thru pass : Manual
    Shot assist : Semi
    Cross assist : Semi
    Lob assist : Assisted

Most balance between enjoying the game, a challenge and a sense of achievement for me.

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Player Switching: Two bar
    Pass assist : Manual
    Shot assist : Manual
    Cross assist : Manual
    Lob assist : Manual

jumped in at the deep end back if fifa 08 and stayed with it even though it did get frustrating but im glad i stuck it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Thru pass : Auto
    Lob assist : Auto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

mailrewop wrote: »

jumped in at the deep end back if fifa 08 and stayed with it even though it did get frustrating but im glad i stuck it out.

Why have everything on manual and then player switching on two bars? Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Why have everything on manual and then player switching on two bars? Just curious.

i did use one bar a few times in the demo and i might use it in 10, i just had it on two bars in 09 and never really thought about it. i did the achievement for all assists turned off and i kept forgetting to change player and after that i just changed it back

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Thru pass : Assisted
    Shot assist : manual

I used semi shooting in 09 but manual seems to work better in the 10 demo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SeamyH

It's this controller setting that always confused me on the ps3 version, it's one of the reasons I have stuck with the ps2 version all these years. I think the difficulty setting should determine this. What will be the default setting for this on say the boards.ie tourni when it starts? What would be the most common controller config? I am getting this game this evening on the ps3 and want to already know what to set this to.

I played ps2 version on legendary the last few years so I would prefer a challenging but not ridiculously hard setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Xbox 360

Only just starting using all manual in last few days with Fifa 10, never bothered changing them before. Finding its taking a little getting used to, with a good few passing going astray at the moment & not scoring to many goals with shooting on manual yet! But I am liking it, WAY more control and feels WAY more realistic. Also a lot more rewarding. Would advice people to have a go at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SeamyH

Went wit-

At first I was finding passing quite difficult but the more I play the better I'm becoming at it. Started a season in League 2 with Lincoln City!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 hama33

Xbox 360
    Player Switching: Around 4 bars

Also for my camera settings is use:
    Broadcast - height on off max and zoom up one or two. It makes the game look absolutely amazing. It may take a bit of getting used to, but i could never go back to tele, even the graphics look way better on broadcast! :P
    Also i play the game on the 'Slow' setting, has a more realistic pace in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭Damien360

SeamyH wrote: »
    Went wit-

At first I was finding passing quite difficult but the more I play the better I'm becoming at it. Started a season in League 2 with Lincoln City!

Exactly the same as mine.

I abandoned the normal gameplay for now and am perserving with "be a Pro". I am with Bohs as a created player/stricker and jesus is it far more difficult than 09. Game 11 and I am still in reserves with a couple of goals. In 09 you just had to get in to the box and R1 + shoot and you were sure of a goal.

This year I find that I have to shoot earlier as the keeper is very aggressive and all the defenders are faster than me. Get very few opportunities. It looks like the only way to score is by using the skills on the ball. Something I was always crap at. Bit annoyed that I cannot look after my own accomplishments and grow my player a bit faster in the area I need. They are by card system depending on on-field achievements. Looks like I will need more than 4 seasons to become a legend. I am sticking with it but it is difficult.

• Advertisement
Advertisement