Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roberies in Portmarnock

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Jeez, it's quite scary isn't it. Luckily there's a house full here and a dog that barks at anything that moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Larianne wrote: »
    Jeez, it's quite scary isn't it. Luckily there's a house full here and a dog that barks at anything that moves.

Happened in Seabury too, my brother and a few of the lads were staying in one of the lads houses and he got up for a glass of water in the middle of the night, he looked out the window and there's a chap in a bally!! Cue the whole household chasing after him!! Didnt catch him though.

I work late at night at the weekends and the amount of dodgy looking characters I see around Malahide is quite unbelieveable!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MAB83

focus_mad wrote: »
    Just for people to be aware on St Margarets Road, Malahide there have been two cases of "intruders" in people's back gardens. the road is full of old couples so my house is prob down the pecking order at the min (2 big fellas living here) but ya never know!! Baseball bats to the ready...lol

Sh1t my parents live at the back of Margarets Rd and they're elderly, their house is next to the graveyard on Church Rd so even more opportunity to get in to their place, it's very quiet. :( What can ya do, if they want to get in they'll more than likely get in.

Happened in Seabury too, my brother and a few of the lads were staying in one of the lads houses and he got up for a glass of water in the middle of the night, he looked out the window and there's a chap in a bally!! Cue the whole household chasing after him!! Didnt catch him though.

I work late at night at the weekends and the amount of dodgy looking characters I see around Malahide is quite unbelieveable!!

ARgggghh! :eek:

MAB83 wrote: »
    ****, my parents live at the back of Margarets Rd and they're elderly, their house is next to the graveyard on Church Rd so even more opportunity to get in to their place, it's very quiet. :( What can ya do, if they want to get in they'll more than likely get in.

Yeah I know what you mean, once they just stay vigilant I suppose. It's not fair game though is it?as in an OAP against a criminal intent on taking your hard earned belongings. Two youngfellas tried to break into me Gran's house one night, she lived alone but that night my 3 uncles were staying over because of me Granda's memorial mass..I'm not condoning violence of course but those two fellas "slipped" face first on the cobbles alot before the Gardai arrived..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MAB83

Yeah I know what you mean, once they just stay vigilant I suppose. It's not fair game though is it?as in an OAP against a criminal intent on taking your hard earned belongings. Two youngfellas tried to break into me Gran's house one night, she lived alone but that night my 3 uncles were staying over because of me Granda's memorial mass..I'm not condoning violence of course but those two fellas "slipped" face first on the cobbles alot before the Gardai arrived..

I don't think anyone, esp the Gardai could blame them for that to be honest. I for one think fair play to them. God knows what they would have done to your Gran. Bad enough these guys rob the place but they often do a lot worse too.

MAB83 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone, esp the Gardai could blame them for that to be honest. I for one think fair play to them. God knows what they would have done to your Gran. Bad enough these guys rob the place but they often do a lot worse too.

Thats the thing and sometimes all that needs to be done is for a neighbour to drive around once a night maybe ya know? Usually it deters criminals if they know residents are on to them!!

There was a break in across the road from my house on Monday afternoon, 2pm! Two guys crow-barred they way in through the front door and the elderly lady heard and called the cops. The scumbags fled when they heard the cop cars I think.

So be careful - This happened in Swords on quite a busy road.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

What area of Swords was this in Larianne?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Just to give people a heads up. There was a break in in Skerries last night. My neighbours house got broken into, and my friend said he heard people at the back door last night. Looks like I'll be staying up tonight.

Cheers.

Hauk

• Advertisement

Elliee wrote: »
    What area of Swords was this in Larianne?

Rathbeale.

Yeah, I think it's time to get the baseball bat out. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Larianne wrote: »
    Rathbeale.

Yeah, I think it's time to get the baseball bat out. :o

Ye, plenty of traffic and people normally about. I dont think they seem to care.

I was reading in a paper lately that the worst day to be robbed is a friday, and least amount on a sunday. And its usuallay between noon and 4pm, or the early monring slot for school runs. Simple things like rushing and not locking the back windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/news/gardax00ed-make-burglary-arrests-1946129.html
    wrote:
    GARDAÍ have made a number of arrests in relation to the recent spate of burglaries across Swords, which continued last week. An estimated 30 break-ins have taken place in the town in the last month and residents have again been urged to be vigilant. Two more homes were targeted at the weekend, while a business premises was ransacked and a number of cars were broken into. 'We are making some ground,' a senior garda told the Fingal Independent. 'A number of arrest have been made recently. 'We would again warn people to be vigilant, particularly with the security at the back of their homes. They should make sure back doors and windows are secure.' A vacant house in the Seatown Court area was burgled on Friday night while the owners were away and neighbours alerted gardaí to the incident. And thieves made off with a television while the occupants of a house in Swords Manor Crescent slept Saturday night. The perpetrators entered the home through a kitchen window and took the appliance from the sitting room.

Ransacked

on On the same night, an auctioneers on Swords Main Street was ransacked following another break-in. The premises, located in Albany House, was turned over, although it's not known if any property was taken. Meanwhile, a stereo was stolen from a car in the Holywell estate on Saturday. The window of the vehicle was smashed during the incident.

Burglaries in Swords are on the rise, with the economic situation believed to be partially to blame for the increase. A number of instances of 'fishing' have been reported in recent months, where thieves open letterbox flaps and pull through keys, using long poles, such as fishing rods. Gardaí have since warned residents not to leave keys or valuables within easy reach, while rear patio doors were also said to be particularly vulnerable to attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

The amount of houses I go to every day with the keys left in the lock is just amazing and some doors just left on the lean. I really feel sorry for old folks who are frightened to open their doors after dusk. It is an awful way to spend your retirement years. People who prey on these should be convicted of a capitol crime. If they have been caught in Swords area they will move on somewhere else. Be vigilent.

Advertisement