Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm in love...

Options
  • 01-10-2009 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

AR 15 Bushmaster,
    .223 straight pull,
    semi automatic,
    camo pattern,
    lightweight,
    €1,600.

How the hell would I license it though.

Ahhhh life is so very definitely not fair....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Liscense as a straight pull bolt action if it is that,as you have semi auto in the description as well..:confused:.It's an awkward bolt action,and rather expensive as well

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

johngalway wrote: »
    AR 15 Bushmaster,
    .223 straight pull,
    semi automatic,
    camo pattern,
    lightweight,
    €1,600.

How the hell would I license it though.

Ahhhh life is so very definitely not fair....

Nice rifle!-had one in my hands a few weeks back-would make a tidy foxing rifle:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Mac Tire

I've got to play with one too....great craic rattling the rounds outa it!!!
    I'd price around on it if your going to go for it, i've heard better than that. I've heard from a good source up here that then can be licensed for range use..( that's from the Horse's mouth if you get me)

Two shippments got in, i believe that we follow the Canadian list for imports, and since the Canadians use them for hunting they got through.....;)

Mac Tire wrote: »
    I've got to play with one too....great craic rattling the rounds outa it!!!
    I'd price around on it if your going to go for it, i've heard better than that. I've heard from a good source up here that then can be licensed for range use..( that's from the Horse's mouth if you get me)

Two shippments got in, i believe that we follow the Canadian list for imports, and since the Canadians use them for hunting they got through.....;)

youve got it right there mac-but as you say the price john was quoted is a tad hefty;)

youve got it right there mac-but as you say the price john was quoted is a tad hefty;)

i'd say that they will prob go up too....if that's all that will get in they will soon become gold dust....:(
    Would love to pick one up, got a good price and all, not much above dealer price....;)

• Advertisement

i'd say that they will prob go up too....if that's all that will get in they will soon become gold dust....:(
    Would love to pick one up, got a good price and all, not much above dealer price....;)

true enough mac- one of those would make a nice xmas pressie:D:D

true enough mac- one of those would make a nice xmas pressie:D:D

Your making me want to put in a call tomorrow now! :D
    Most AR-15 accessories will fit them too....guccify them!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Most AR-15 accessories will fit them too....guccify them!! ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=92235&stc=1&d=1254383526

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Be aware though, that 'this sort of thing' causes eyes to bulge out and hands to be wrung furiously (and possibly, bowels to involuntarily move) in the upper echelons of Justice and the Gardaí.

I personally have heard a very high Pooh-Bah of the DoJ, whilst giving some examples of the sort of thing they're having to deal with in order to keep us all safe, top the list with what he perceived to be the acme of the lunacy: "There are people out there trying to licence AR-15s!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Little Miss Sparkles has not completely left the building I see :p

As for the action, to be honest I was too busy falling over myself fondling the rifle, he definitely told me straight pull semi auto, am not all that familiar with semi auto rifles soo..

It would absolutely make a handy fox gun. Quick follow up shots would be a breeze, no taking your eye off target. I was impressed with how light it was, especially compared to my beast of a rifle.

But, there's always one ain't there. I'm surprised I did not die when I entered the shop, and strangely I found no dead bodies inside? Why do I say this? Well, it has a pistol grip, it has the shape of an assault rifle, and, oh dear Lord, it had a camo pattern. Can you see how dangerous that is? I had a narrow shave to be sure.

Anyhow, pipe dream for me I think as I've no interest in range use so I can't see how I'd get it passed for popping off foxy.

Still nice to handle though :D

• Advertisement

johngalway wrote: »
    Little Miss Sparkles has not completely left the building I see :p
    As for the action, to be honest I was too busy falling over myself fondling the rifle, he definitely told me straight pull semi auto, am not all that familiar with semi auto rifles soo..

No such thing!! I think your dealer might be talking from where the Sun dont shine.. It is EITHER semi or straight pull.It is like saying a lever action semi auto...Done right,it cant fire in semi EVER,as it will have no gas port in the barrel,gas tube,[ or operating rod] and the bolt is totally different as well.

It would absolutely make a handy fox gun. Quick follow up shots would be a breeze, no taking your eye off target. I was impressed with how light it was, especially compared to my beast of a rifle.
    So long as you dont try hanging 20lbs of junk on a 4lb rifle..It's great.
    But, there's always one ain't there. I'm surprised I did not die when I entered the shop, and strangely I found no dead bodies inside? Why do I say this? Well, it has a pistol grip, it has the shape of an assault rifle, and, oh dear Lord, it had a camo pattern. Can you see how dangerous that is? I had a narrow shave to be sure.

Inndupidetly!!! As a famous RTE TVseris fox used to say[Dating myself somthing fierce there].No wonder the foolish British Home office allowed to "mere civillians"in the UK post Dunblane and Hungerford to own them,and of course only criminals or wanna be Rambos would only want one..Like the entire UK practical rifle shooters.:rolleyes:Of course it is totally unsafe on the streets of London as every gang banger is gunning down simply hordes of people with straight pull bolt action military lookalike rifles.None of those crappy homebuilt MAC10s for them!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Color,hmmm well...BLACK seems to upset them.So cammo shouldnt be too much of a trouble...wait! was it Tactical cammo[bad] or real tree cammo??:rolleyes:

Anyhow, pipe dream for me I think as I've no interest in range use so I can't see how I'd get it passed for popping off foxy.
    You could but try....There is nothing to stop you and it isnt a dreaded semi auto.BUT not at that outrageous money!! You could get one custom built in the UK for that.This sounds like the last con grasp of the Celtic tiger."It's rare,and they cant personally import anymore so I'll cash in on the mugs desperatly wanting one.."Same BS was pulled on the pistol owners.Pay over the odds and then discover you are being offered the EU market price,which is appx 50% under what we paid new here. Dont be mugged!!
    Still nice to handle though
    The Best!!

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Almost sure I saw a semi-auto HK416 in the Midlands recently so it can be done.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You did. There was a few of them (sportsmen) there last week on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Members of Irish Practical Shooting Association. These lads travel the world doing competitive shooting. The rifles/guns look the dogs b*****s.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

ezridax wrote: »
    You did. There was a few of them (sportsmen) there last week on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Members of Irish Practical Shooting Association. These lads travel the world doing competitive shooting. The rifles/guns look the dogs b*****s.

Careful now. Did the IPSA not disband?

Sorry. They did. Its the "ITS" now (right or wrong??). My humblest apologies to all concerned.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

I think the whole ITS thing is a source of some contraversy at the moment ezri, from what I've heard from those in the sport.

Either way, it's confusing the shooters with the admin...

Should have just said the guns are nice and left it at that. Digging myself into a hole here aren't i.:D I am not up to speed on all the different shooting associations. My point was the "sportmen" (gulp) were there last week. Nice equipement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Sparks wrote: »
    I think the whole ITS thing is a source of some contraversy at the moment ezri, from what I've heard from those in the sport.

Either way, it's confusing the shooters with the admin...

Controversy in Irish shooting....................never :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Sparks wrote: »
    attachment.php?attachmentid=92235&stc=1&d=1254383526

Do you think you could pass off the grenade launcher in the bottom right as a spare barrel? Haha:D

Hibrion wrote: »
    Do you think you could pass off the grenade launcher in the bottom right as a spare barrel? Haha:D
    Probably not.
    Maybe as a 1-gauge shotgun :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Had the pleasure of firing an AR-15 ( semi-auto ) a while ago. I found it extremely nice handling and for the type of rifle it is very accurate as well. The one i fired just had standard military style peep sights and wasn't exactly new and at 200 metres it grouped the bulk of the 30 rounds I fired into a 3"x3" square.

Get the 37mmm "Flare launcher"[VERY civvie legal in the US it is a smoothbore.40mm grenade launchers are destructive devices with a rifled barrel] and put a 12GA adapter into it.Register as a single barrel shotgun rifle combo!!:D:D Be intresting how you will register a 14in shotgun though!!
    Better still the "double trouble" Take your Remmy or Mossie pump shotgun ,rmove stock and mount under your AR15.The "ultimate" combination gun.Might be a bit awkward with a 24in barrel tho!!:D

Advertisement