Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-ordered Fifa?

Options
  • 01-10-2009 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭

Was trading in games in gamestop a few weeks back. Traded in Btman: AA and the guy said that I could count it as €30 against a future release. Sounded like a good deal, so he put Batman through seperately and I was given what I presume is an in-store debit card with €30 on it. Have I effectively pre-ordered this game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

no you can spend it on anything

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Oh I know I can spend trade-in money on anything but in this specific case the receipt detailed a trade-in against Fifa.

Why was this moved? It's about the Gamestop pre-ordering process, not Fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

TelePaul wrote: »
    Oh I know I can spend trade-in money on anything but in this specific case the receipt detailed a trade-in against Fifa.

Ring Gamestop and ask them. It doesn't sound like a pre order to me. AFAIK you've to pay a €10 deposit in Gamestop for some pre order games.

Your best bet is to ring them though for a quick answer.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Ring Gamestop and ask them. It doesn't sound like a pre order to me. AFAIK you've to pay a €10 deposit in Gamestop for some pre order games.

Your best bet is to ring them though for a quick answer.

Thanks. On my receipt is says 'Preorder' and on Batman: AA is says 'Deposit' but I'll call anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Well the game is usually only worth 30 with a pre order.I dunno though.Ringing them is the best bet

Yep, it counts, they'll reserve my copy. Sweet!

Advertisement