Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the purpose of this "public" forum?

Options
  • 01-10-2009 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

I'm sorry if this should be in Feedback but given the novel nature of this forum and that there's only one (active) thread here I'm taking my chances :D

Right, I had a read of the debate forum a few months ago when Dev first mooted the idea of a big debate on Lisbon and I read through the previous debates to get a feel for what it'd be like. But what's this public bit forum for ?

Are we just spectators here to comment on the debate and debators and their points or can we make suggestions, put forward topics or questions for the debators to answer and debate on ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Mostly the former, but Dav will be able to give a more precise answer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Are we just spectators here to comment on the debate and debators and their points or can we make suggestions, put forward topics or questions for the debators to answer and debate on ?

All of the above really

It is up to the debators if they read the public forum to see if they want to take and advice, questions or criticism onboard

Some members of the public may come up with better arguements than the debators

Also the judges might take public opinion on the debate into consideration when making their decision on the debate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭roosh

what happened to the thread calling for a NO vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭jonnyrudyard

So this isn't a forum where people can just toss out a topic and debate/discuss it among ourselves?

Advertisement