Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faxing Companies

Options
  • 01-10-2009 3:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hows it going? I have heard of companies viral faxing a promotional fax to businesses in Galway. I was wondering if anyone knows a company in Galway that does this? Or if its possible to get access to the list of fax numbers without individually looking for them?

Thanks in advance,
    Shanley.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

www.galwaychamber.com has a list of faxes of most businesses in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Why would you want to bother? The vast majority of unsolicited faxes make the trip from the machine to the recycling bin in micro-seconds. The biggest waste of advertising budget ever, IMHO.

(I was gonna post "what is this faxing thing of which you speak?" - but I'm actually old enough to remember the days pre-email, when office actually depended on faxes!)

It's spam, don't do it.

www.dataprotection.ie
    Dealing with unsolicited marketing calls & faxes.

The provisions of Statutory Instrument 535 of 2003 [European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services)(Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 2003] took effect on November 6th 2003. Since that date, the sending of unsolicited faxes or the making of unsolicited calls from within the Republic of Ireland for the purpose of direct marketing has, in certain situations, been an offence. The launch of the National Directory Database (NDD) as a national marketing opt-out database has increased the protection of telephone subscribers. Similar regulations are either in force or being enacted in other countries within the European Economic Area.

S.I. 535 of 2003 was amended by S.I. 526 of 2008. This took effect on 13 December 2008.
    Edit: although sending it to businesses seems to be ok as long as they are not on a do not call register.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

JustMary wrote: »

(I was gonna post "what is this faxing thing of which you speak?" - but I'm actually old enough to remember the days pre-email, when office actually depended on faxes!)

You think that's bad... I remember Telex :o

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Hate those spam faxes, don't do it! how does one register for getting your number blocked? Also want to block those Indian web designers.

• Advertisement

Hate those spam faxes, don't do it! how does one register for getting your number blocked? Also want to block those Indian web designers.
    http://www.dataprotection.ie/viewdoc.asp?DocID=908
    Scroll down to the bit on faxes.

Don't know about the Indian ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Also want to block those Indian web designers.

"Hello, can I speak to the owner of the company please" ...I've had that from Irish accents a few times too, they must all operate off the same scripts.

I grump inwardly, but try to remember that they're just poor suckers like the rest of us, doing what they need to do to pay the rent. There's only so many ways to say "thank you, but we already have a website, goodbye".

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pounder770

JustMary wrote: »
    "Hello, can I speak to the owner of the company please" ...I've had that from Irish accents a few times too, they must all operate off the same scripts.

I grump inwardly, but try to remember that they're just poor suckers like the rest of us, doing what they need to do to pay the rent. There's only so many ways to say "thank you, but we already have a website, goodbye".

After a rash of these particular calls,i asked these website designers if they did databases....when they replied that they did,i asked if they'd do one of all the people who didn't want anything they did,and put my name on top!!!!

don't think it worked,but i felt better!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Protip: When they ring asking to speak to the householder, explain it's a little difficult as you've got them tied up whilst performing a burglary.

Advertisement