Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worth moving back from the US?

Options
  • 01-10-2009 5:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

What state is Galway in, these days? It'd be me, the missus and two young'uns.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'd say it depends a bit on your current situation/location.
    Are yous desperate to move back or want to "upgrade" to Galway?
    When did you visit last, what did you think?
    Do you both work? Can you get work? Kids age? Any particular area you're interested in?

Here's my answer, out of all the towns in Ireland it's the one I prefer to live in. Best of the crop, although it has its problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Magnus wrote: »
    Do you both work? Can you get work? Kids age? Any particular area you're interested in?

Here's my answer, out of all the towns in Ireland it's the one I prefer to live in. Best of the crop, although it has its problems.

What he said!

I'd make sure you can get a job before you come back. It's not reported much here but we're currently in a recession!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 MrBill

hey they got recession in america too.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

I would say stay where you are for another while and see how things pan out here. Maybe another year or so. Hopefully jobs will become more plentiful. Stay away from the big C.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

This countries screwed scan! Someone reversed her into a wall and tomorrow we're all going to break the clutch on Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

It depends a lot on what your working situation is in the States.

If you've got good, stable (or stable as they're going to be right now) jobs, stay there. Save up enough money to come back here so that if you lose your good stable jobs, you can make a break for it.

There aren't many jobs going here and there's plenty of people going for them. Which is not to say that you won't get one. But competitive is not the word. Gladiator arena is more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Win the US lotto and move back with all your cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

stay where you are for the moment,work here very bad and houses still falling in price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Magnus wrote: »

I'm a Galway native who relocated to the US in 2007. Right now, here, stable long-term work is few and far between. Moving back home seems the better option, at least for the time being.

Advertisement