Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with 07 Focus

• 01-10-2009 7:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi all,

Thought id chance it here to see if anyone else had seen a similar issue with a Ford Focus.

Battery keeps on draining completely. No electronics (lights etc) are being left on in the car at all. Battery was replaced last week but drained again this week. Local Mechanic checked the alternator which he said was ok, also checked if there was a charge/drain coming from the battery when it was idle and there was nothing.

The only thing that is left on by default when the ignition is turned off is the mileometer light,which goes off after a few minutes, and the flashing red security light which is continuous.

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

My dad had a similar problem on his 06 Focus. Barrtery replaced too but it did turn out to be the altenator in the end. Maybe a second opinion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Is it not under warranty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ecom

the dealer that I bought the car from (as new) has since closed. I rang the guy that sold me the car (who runs another business now) and he told me that it wasnt, but I thought it came with a 3 year warantee.

I'll need to check that out further

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Only 2 year warranty in Ireland I'm afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say bring it to an auto electrician to trace the power drain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

They don't usually give trouble like that. Have another mechanic check the alternator charging volts.

Advertisement