Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Price Change since change for good

Options
  • 01-10-2009 8:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

When Tesco started their price change I did a "typical" shop online that had 97 items and cost €238.48 - This was a saving of about 17% on their previous prices.

I have re-done the shop this morning (woke up too early!:D) and the exact same shop with exception of a few brand changes came to €242.19

Basically, according to this fairly large basket of food items (no alcohol or 2 for 1 offers, or half price offers were included) the prices in tesco have on average stayed down. I did notice some increases, but these were offset by other items being decreased.

One thing I did notice, some of the imported brands that Tesco had introduced had disappeared such as Kingsmill bread, Anchor butter & Country menus bacon.

Basket of goods included all main family items from nappies to toilet tissue, to baking to condiments and frozen veg. Where possible, the main branded item was picked. e.g. Heinz, Batchelors, Odlums Brennans, Persil, Schweppes,Colmans, Knorr and about 30% of items were tesco own brand.

I still prefer my local SuperValu!

Advertisement