Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSN on Laptop

Options
  • 01-10-2009 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I can't get my MSN to work on my laptop in the library - any ideas how to solve this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

It's blocked on the WaveLAN network. You can get around this by;

a) Find out where the nearest eduroam (http://eduroam.ucd.ie) hotspot is and get on that, although I don't think they have one near the library yet.
    b) Learn how to port-tunnel - if you've never heard of this you probably don't have the time or the inclination to bother with it.
    c) Use something like meebo (www.meebo.com), which works through your browser.

edit: and to clarify I assumed by MSN you meant Windows/Windows Live Messenger. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Can't you configure Messenger to use the HTTP protocol and the proxy?

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

Bold!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

It's not blocked on the WaveLan. Just make sure your os can connect to the internet (auto detect settigns in IE on windows, pac file on mac) and use the latest Live Messenger. Takes about 1-2 minutes to sign in but it does work..

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

www.ebuddy.com

godsend so it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 dazaazad

Type 9339 in the port box!!!!

Advertisement