Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bodyhaven.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

yabadabado wrote: »
    ordered from them on friday and nothing has arrived.where do they post from,could the uk postal strike effect the delivery?
    They post from a gaff in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

ordered from them on friday and nothing has arrived.where do they post from,could the uk postal strike effect the delivery?

It comes from:
    Body Haven

16 Highland Avenue

The Park

Cabinteely

Dublin 18

Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

thanks for the replies.ill send off an email see what the delay is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

100ml bottles of perfume are a bit rare, cant find any to compare with (for price, packaging etc) in Chemists or shops.

The % reductions claimed on the site are way more than RRP as far as I have researched. (eg if the site claims 75% reduction it is more like 40% reduction on RRP). Great prices on a lot of stuff though,and am very tempted to buy all the x-mas stuff in one go lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

100ml bottles of perfume are a bit rare, cant find any to compare with (for price, packaging etc) in Chemists or shops.

The % reductions claimed on the site are way more than RRP as far as I have researched. (eg if the site claims 75% reduction it is more like 40% reduction on RRP). Great prices on a lot of stuff though,and am very tempted to buy all the x-mas stuff in one go lol!

One example would be
    http://www.buy4now.ie/sammccauley/aspx/productdetail.aspx?pid=3139&loc=P&catid=72.1.6 47.50 here!

And 12.99 here
    http://www.bodyhaven.ie/product_detail.php?id=300&subcat_id=163&sub_subcat_id=

HTH

• Advertisement

thanks for the replies.ill send off an email see what the delay is
    Any update? did you get your stuff?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Even though the bargains are great it does make me wonder, its a house, they are taking our credit card details and no VAT no or registration no, no contact number.

Just seems a little odd.

yop wrote: »
    Even though the bargains are great it does make me wonder, its a house, they are taking our credit card details and no VAT no or registration no, no contact number.

Just seems a little odd.

Thinking its a bit too good to b true myself... but still tempted.
    Can't you use paypal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Just seems a little odd.

Probably not registered for VAT if they're below the turnover threshold. The name is registered as a business name rather than a company, so they're a sole trader, which means there's no company number to put on.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭dubal

Anyhow my experience.

Ordered bottle of Brittany's stuff at 21:20.

The bottle was delivered to the house the next day at 20:00.

Everyone is happy.

Dubal

Edit: I used Paypal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Hmmm. I'm just a bit curious why they photoshop images of products to hide the quantity?? For example here: img_big_273.jpg

You can barely see that they have edited it on the box, but if you look at the reflection it is obvious they have edited it.

There is no listing of what size you are actually buying either!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭smileyxx

note how they coincidentally put the price of Sally Hansen tan up from 6.99 to 8.99 when they got the darker colours that everyone uses in

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Cork_girl wrote: »

When you click to buy underneath the price there is a drop down box that tells you the size.

i got my order it took a week to arrive not bad but fairly slow compared to others here.its the real product and i payed using paypal.one thing i would say is the box was slightly damaged mite not be the best if buying presents.nothing major could have been unlucky ,the box got dumped straight away anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Well All I can say is that I bought a 125ml jean paul gaultier La Male from them paid €45 for it paid by credit card and the next evening I got delivery of the product in the normal tin can packaging as well as Clinique Happy 125ml for the Mrs, the products were original and we were very happy with the service and price! So they get a Highly Recommended Award from me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Sounds good alright! Is the stuff delivered by courier or by the guys themselves? I'm not sure if stuff arriving at 7:30pm would be ideal for me if you need to sign for it.

mine was delivered by the postman .morning time and i didn sign anything

I ordered some bits and pieces and got them all this evening at about 8pm :) Delighted - everything perfect and prices excellent!! Can only recommend - super service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Having trouble entering my laser card details:( Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Did anyone else use laser to make a purchase from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

lindtee wrote: »
    Having trouble entering my laser card details:( Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Did anyone else use laser to make a purchase from them.

yeah I think I recall having an issue, think its around the postal code, I'm in lucan county dublin, but had to select Dublin 22 to get by it, not sure if its the same issue, as I used Credit card
    Also I get the feeling they do their own deliveries around dublin, based on the guy who delivered to me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭madson

I ordered from them at 9am in the morning and said i'd be available for delivery between 4pm and 6pm. It was delivered just before 6pm by a guy in his early 20's in a car van, so looks like they are doing their own deliverys. Best delivery time i've had on anything i ordered online before.

madson wrote: »
    I ordered from them at 9am in the morning and said i'd be available for delivery between 4pm and 6pm. It was delivered just before 6pm by a guy in his early 20's in a car van, so looks like they are doing their own deliverys. Best delivery time i've had on anything i ordered online before.

Sounds like the same guy! Brilliant service I gotta say - can't wait to go trying out my new urban decay shadows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I ordered from them this morning so will see when it turns up.

yeah I think I recall having an issue, think its around the postal code, I'm in lucan county dublin, but had to select Dublin 22 to get by it, not sure if its the same issue, as I used Credit card
    Also I get the feeling they do their own deliveries around dublin, based on the guy who delivered to me

Yeah, it was that:) I amended the postcode details to 000 on the payment page and it went through. Looking forward to the delivery now

Got my order today by anpost. Ordered 3 items. I knew the perfume I ordered was going to be a tester, but I did expect a lid over the sprayer part instead of a small cardboard tube that was on it Good value, I suppose but I def wouldn't be ordering things as presents for people from them. Think I'll stick to fragencex, might take longer but there is better choice and any testers I've ordered always had lids:) Plus they have a great selection of gift sets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 gemasha

Bodyhaven are great. I ordered sally hansen this morning at 10.30(ish) and it was delivered by 3.30pm. I only ordered 2 bottles as I was a bit dubious using an unknown website but will definitely be ordering more from them!! They even threw in a free versace perfume tester!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Ordered over a week ago and still waiting. No reply to emails :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Ordered last friday , got my item by monday lunch time! Good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭greys

Thanks, a great website - ordered around midnight, got the delivery before lunch the following day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 BodyHaven.ie : Avril

Even though the bargains are great it does make me wonder, its a house, they are taking our credit card details and no VAT no or registration no, no contact number. Just seems a little odd.
    All payments are processed using reputable and secure third parties. Once you proceed to payment you are forwarded to a secure offsite SagePay hosted page. Only SagePay have access to your payment details. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using secure sockets layer (SSL) technology and all your personal details are stored in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We are also registered for VAT (IE 7785926B).
    samsamson wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about the company? 100% Irish? Is it a chain of pharmacies trying to diversify or something?

Body Haven is a privately owned, 100% Irish company trading from offices in Deansgrange Business Park, Dublin 18.
    Cathooo wrote: »
    Prices seem excellent, can people confirm that they are actually the legitimate perfumes? Definitely worth a look if they are!
    We certainly are :). Please see the post above.

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Hmmm. I'm just a bit curious why they photoshop images of products to hide the quantity?? You can barely see that they have edited it on the box, but if you look at the reflection it is obvious they have edited it.

Product images which display sizes/shades etc are photoshoped to create a universal product image which doesn’t suggest a specific variation. You will notice that our product pages allow you to choose the variations available for the relevant product (ie. Choosing a size of perfume from the drop down menu). We use a universal product image for each product page because it must represent several variations.

Thinking its a bit too good to b true myself... but still tempted.
    Can't you use paypal?

Yes; we accept PayPal

There was an issue around the time you highlighted this. Co. Dublin addresses were not recognized by SagePay and as such were being returned with error codes. I am happy to say that the issue has been resolved.

smileyxx wrote: »
    note how they coincidentally put the price of Sally Hansen tan up from 6.99 to 8.99 when they got the darker colours that everyone uses in

We received a more substantial discount on our purchase of the lighter SH shades and decided to pass that saving onto our customers. The darker shades are in higher demand and as such the discounts we receive are minimal.

Thank you for all your comments and appraisals :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement