Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bodyhaven.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

is there a regulatory authority we can report their website to, as they are still offering good there?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MojoRising

hi all placed an order with bodyhaven last week payed by laser andcame straight out of my account but no sign of my order,emailed but no reply anyone have a number for them?tried the one in Dublin not working

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Mojo contact your card issuer and ask them to do a charge back.

they might want you to wait X amount of time but no hard in giving them the heads up. Unfortunatley it seems its happened alot of people.

brightkane wrote: »

they might want you to wait X amount of time but no hard in giving them the heads up. Unfortunatley it seems its happened alot of people.

thanks brightkane will give laser gang ring tomorrow or the bank hopefully they'll be able to do something,pity as was for fathers birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

brightkane wrote: »

MojoRising wrote: »
    hi all placed an order with bodyhaven last week payed by laser andcame straight out of my account but no sign of my order,emailed but no reply anyone have a number for them?tried the one in Dublin not working
    thanks brightkane will give laser gang ring tomorrow or the bank hopefully they'll be able to do something,pity as was for fathers birthday

There is no chargeback right for laser unfortunately. Nothing can be really done unless it was a visa debit card/credit card.

• Advertisement

phone the Gardaí, tell them you've been scammed, and give the home address that is on the sites terms and conditions.

zuroph wrote: »
    phone the Gardaí, tell them you've been scammed, and give the home address that is on the sites terms and conditions.
    hi zuroph just rang laser card gang said nothing they can do,said i can fill out a dispute form but said unlikely anything will come of it!! you serious about going to gardai ?

yip, they stole from you and many other Irish people, are still taking money but not fulfilling any orders. a few complaints to the Gardaí and they'd have knocks on their door.

didnt know you cant chargeback by laser,
    will make me think twice whether to use laser or credit for some purchases

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

I've heard this many times on boards that you can't chargeback laser cards. However we have had chargebacks issued to us from stolen laser cards being used on our site :mad: . We at one point considered not accepting laser cards because of our exposure to chargebacks and the lack of security they provide to the retailer information wise. In fact if memory serves me the terms and conditions of our merchant account cover chargebacks on all cards not just Visa and Mastercard - I can't see how banks can say they can't issue a charge back for alledgedly fraudulent cases like this when they can do so when a customers card is stolen and used to make a purchase. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I've heard this many times on boards that you can't chargeback laser cards. However we have had chargebacks issued to us from stolen laser cards being used on our site :mad: . We at one point considered not accepting laser cards because of our exposure to chargebacks and the lack of security they provide to the retailer information wise. In fact if memory serves me the terms and conditions of our merchant account cover chargebacks on all cards not just Visa and Mastercard - I can't see how banks can say they can't issue a charge back for alledgedly fraudulent cases like this when they can do so when a customers card is stolen and used to make a purchase. :confused:

Well, basically with a credit card it is mastercard and visa who offer the protection but the bank are really a provider and therefore are forced to provide chargebacks as part of this protection.

With laser, it is solely the bank who is the card issuer. They don't offer protection for non receipt of goods etc but if it was a case of fraud where the card was stolen and used on your website, the bank should be held liable and they will come to you the retailer to regain the funds.

The cardholder probably didn't get to the bank quick enough after realising the card was stolen. Laser is not very secure at all for shopping online as really a transaction on a stolen card should no go through if there is an address mismatch etc.

I think most banks are really looking into replacing laser with the Visa debit card anyway.

Sorry for bring thread off topic..

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

jaffa20 wrote: »

The cardholder probably didn't get to the bank quick enough after realising the card was stolen. Laser is not very secure at all for shopping online as really a transaction on a stolen card should no go through if there is an address mismatch etc.

And the Laser system does not provide an address check facility to the retailer hence why it is so difficult to find laser cards being accepted outside of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Also contact Sagepay.. hopefully if they're aware that one of their retailers they provide service for is operating illegally they'll withdraw their services.

As an update to my story.. I think my item was actually posted out to me after about a month, however I was on holiday at the time so all I've got for my €70 is a nice 'we missed you' An Post docket. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Shzm wrote: »
    As an update to my story.. I think my item was actually posted out to me after about a month, however I was on holiday at the time so all I've got for my €70 is a nice 'we missed you' An Post docket. Awesome.

Just a note - they don't normally post anything out - it was always a guy with a delivery van when I ordered from them, but then again I always got my stuff within a few days - really sad to see it has gone this way.

Nah it was definitely from them. I got the mass email on the Thursday I think it was saying they would send out the orders on friday, and the missed delivery was from the following Tuesday.

I even emailed them about an hour after getting the email to tell them not to send it as I was on holiday :(

That was over a month ago now and I've heard nothing since!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Nah it was definitely from them. I got the mass email on the Thursday I think it was saying they would send out the orders on friday, and the missed delivery was from the following Tuesday.

I even emailed them about an hour after getting the email to tell them not to send it as I was on holiday :(

That was over a month ago now and I've heard nothing since!

Ah rage!! :mad:

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Well, basically with a credit card it is mastercard and visa who offer the protection but the bank are really a provider and therefore are forced to provide chargebacks as part of this protection.

With laser, it is solely the bank who is the card issuer. They don't offer protection for non receipt of goods etc but if it was a case of fraud where the card was stolen and used on your website, the bank should be held liable and they will come to you the retailer to regain the funds.

I think most banks are really looking into replacing laser with the Visa debit card anyway.

Sorry for bring thread off topic..

Would you be able to provide a source for the above? I know it's true also but I need an official source to be able to advise a client.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Sorry to bring up a new thread but I hadn't realised that there was a problem with Bodyhave since the last time I bought from them about a year ago.

I ordered something with them on the 17th of november and the money was taken from my account on the 22nd, but have yet to receive it & considering they used to deliver same or next day I started to wonder where it was.

Has anyone had any success with receiving orders since this thread & the one about the prizes, or should I just look for my money back via paypal. I'll email them & ask them on their facebook, but not holding out much hope?

has ANYONE contacted the Gardaí?? I've posted home address for them, and they're still deleting complaints on their facebook, so this is a confirmed scam. they are stealing from loads of people.

Don't know, but they should. I haven't, I'm no longer in the country. I did contact Sage Pay though, and let them know of this thread, and the fact that bodyhaven are a bunch of scammers. Weather they shut down their merchant account, or not I don't know.

• Advertisement

Stuck the home address into google maps. pulled up street view. I presume its the owner has tagged his house as bodyhaven, and kindly also put his name and mobile phone number up there.

<SNIP>

Google on the phone number brings up some interesting things.

Most worryingly is

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/health/1630143

getting rid off all his stock?

He also used to run a car ice company it seems called WWW.JDMBITZ.COM

Also hes looking for a van from donedeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I've already been in touch with sage pay in the hope of alerting them to these chancers so that more people don't lose money to them... hopefully they'll withdraw their merchant services. who knows.

I was going to suggest that people do this. It appears that Sage Pay are still processing payments for bodyhaven.ie

I would not expect Sage to have any responsibility for past transactions, but going forward they will surely have to investigate the issue if they are informed that it is a scam. I would hope that knowingly profiting from criminal behaviour is in itself a crime. Of course, they could just say that they were unaware so everybody involved should contact them

http://www.sagepay.com/contact_us

Enough emails should at least force them to take the issue seriously.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Spoke with the Fraud squad today , Passed on all information and linked to this thread .

We should all make friends with this chap on face book .

DoneDeal have also been made aware of the situation .

Fair play sharkman!

sharkman wrote: »
    Spoke with the Fraud squad today , Passed on all information and linked to this thread .

We should all make friends with this chap on face book .

DoneDeal have also been made aware of the situation .

What no. did you ring for the Fraud Squad? I've been told to ring all & sundry today.
    First rang 6663776 & a lady answered who said to get onto the local garda station.
    Local Gardai said to ring Consumer Affairs.
    Consumer Affairs said that after 1 month I should send a registered letter & if they don't respond within 30 days, I could lodge a claim in the small claims court, but they couldn't stop them doing them trading.
    They said to ring The Company Registrations Office to check if they've ceased trading, who told me that they've had no notification that they've ceased trading & also confirmed the name and address given above, so to all intents & purposes, they're still trading!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Posted this on another thread, but just saw this thread now..

Have ordered from bodyhaven in the past, twice, successfully. I will add that the second time I ordered it took around a month at least for my order to arrive.

Am currently waiting a month + for my third order with them (why did I bother), sent two emails and received nothing back. What can I do now? Paid with Paypal iirc.

edit: Paid with laser. Can the bank do anything for me?

nope. call the cops.

zuroph wrote: »
    nope. call the cops.

As mentioned above, not having much luck with reporting this. Rang the fraud squad back after posting & got someone who said they'd ring me back, but haven't got a callback yet.

I paid with Laser too, so not covered. The only way to get your money back is to attempt a claim through the small claims court. As they haven't registered as going bankrupt or into liquidation, they're still liable for all orders taken.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Oral Slang wrote: »
    What no. did you ring for the Fraud Squad? I've been told to ring all & sundry today.
    First rang 6663776 & a lady answered who said to get onto the local garda station.
    Local Gardai said to ring Consumer Affairs.
    Consumer Affairs said that after 1 month I should send a registered letter & if they don't respond within 30 days, I could lodge a claim in the small claims court, but they couldn't stop them doing them trading.
    They said to ring The Company Registrations Office to check if they've ceased trading, who told me that they've had no notification that they've ceased trading & also confirmed the name and address given above, so to all intents & purposes, they're still trading!

I called the fraud squad on 6663766 or you can email them on checks@iol.ie..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement