Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacing a Battery

• 01-10-2009 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Guys would i need any tools to replace my car battery? Is there a guide for it?

Anybody able to recommend some place to go buy a car battery on a Saturday and about how much do they cost? Living in Ranelagh.

Drivin a Toyota Avensis 2002 Diesel. :)

Thanks guys,
    -W

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

If you have the original toolkit in the car the spanners in there should fit the battery. They are generally 12mm or 13mm.
    Batter is held in place with a bracket. I dont know what type of bracket is in an avensis but id guess its a 10mm or 11mm bolt.

things to think about before you do change it is - do you have the origional radio and does it need a code??

also how do you know you have a bad battery?? It could be that it just need a good charging. I recently bought a new battery for my car and two weeks later it was dead. charged up the old one and it has been in the car now for 2 months without a problem.

Also these might help http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=changing+a+car+battery&search_type=&aq=f

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Before changing a battery on a toyota have a look at the condition of the battery terminals. They are the crappiest battery terminals made and can be damaged when taking removing them. If they are coated in crud or look the least bit dodgy buy 2 decent terminals from a motor factor and replace the toyota ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Seeing as you are in Ranelagh try Chaukley Tyres off Northbrook Rd. They supply and fit batteries and it might be worth paying the extra if you haven't done it before. 01-4974096

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

You will likely have problems with the auto function of the windows after battery change, theres guides online how to reset them.

Advertisement