Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a suggestion for the YES side in debate

Options
  • 01-10-2009 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭

if I may ;)

dont repeat past mistakes, dont get dragged into the usual grave the NO side are digging yet again, dont be on the defensive all the time, addressing the same negativity and lies dug up by the NO side over and over, the experience of the Euro Politics Forum is something to go by

concentrate on presenting the advantages of Lisbon, in a short and clear manner with references

most people will just scan over the humongous information overload posts by FT, and if they see a well formated sharp post (Scofflaw is good at them) their eyes would stop to read it

my 2 (euro)cent

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

Agree with this. At the end of the day, it's the judges that have to be convinced, not the people you're debating.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

ei.sdraob wrote: »

if I may ;)

dont repeat past mistakes, dont get dragged into the usual grave the NO side are digging yet again, dont be on the defensive all the time, addressing the same negativity and lies dug up by the NO side over and over, the experience of the Euro Politics Forum is something to go by

concentrate on presenting the advantages of Lisbon, in a short and clear manner with references

most people will just scan over the humongous information overload posts by FT, and if they see a well formated sharp post (Scofflaw is good at them) their eyes would stop to read it

my 2 (euro)cent

Was just thinking this. Clearly incorrect "facts" or assumptions should be corrected though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

Dont try to go head to head with Ganley.....i may disagree with him, but christ the man can Debate!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Liam79 wrote: »
    Dont try to go head to head with Ganley.....i may disagree with him, but christ the man can Debate!

Very true, I wish the YES campaign had a Ganley.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭roosh

ei.sdraob wrote: »

if I may ;)

my 2 (euro)cent

why do you refuse to take off the blinkers?

the entire process up until not has been entirely anti-democratic - there is no disputing this!

the farce about the legal gaurantees

what world are you living in, where you think this is acceptible? If we vote Yes, then it is a clear vote in favour of anti-democratic behaviour, not only that but it would enshrine it in law.

Honestly, if this is the kind of behaviour guiding the EU, where will it all end up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭roosh

Dr Pepper wrote: »
    Very true, I wish the YES campaign had a Ganley.

It is a lot easier to debate from a position of truth, because it bestows a certain courage of ones convictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

mangaroosh wrote: »
    It is a lot easier to debate from a position of truth, because it bestows a certain courage of ones convictions.

Agreed.. but it's still possible to be an excellent debater while telling lies!

Advertisement