Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got my copy. Unbelievable!!

Options
  • 01-10-2009 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Holy sh*t boys! Got my copy yesterday from sources i cant say! This is by far the best football game i have ever played! And i have been playing since the 1st ever fifa through all the pro evo's until 08 and then back to fifa 09 and now 10. I can safely say i wont even be renting PES10

The set piece creator is savage! Hopefully it doesnt turn into a piss take where you can score easy goals but so far it doesnt seem to be. It's all about the timing of the free kick. you have to make sure you take it before they set off on there runs or else you will miss them.

Manager mode has a lot of new features but just a quick tip i wouldnt set the board difficulty on hard as if you start with one of the top teams your wage budget is too low to buy any new players. Pre season friendlys to start with is good! I have difficulty on legendary beat aston villa 2-0 but then got spanked by west ham 4-0 me being united! So might have to drop it down a level for the time being.

Virtual pro i havent really got into yet. I setup my player but havent used gameface or anything like that yet.

Wasnt that many people online so i only got 1 match online. There's a few nice little new features like speed of play you want. and then we drew so you have a drop down menu if you want to go peno's extra time & peno's or just a draw i think.

Anyway the game at the moment for me is flawless! The free flowing football you can play is quality & some of the strikes with the likes of rooney, kaka & ronaldo are amazing, seem to be picking up pace going into the net! I struck a sweet volley off the bar with yaya toure last night aswell! Love it! I will get a good year out of this game anyway until fifa 11!! Cant wait to get out of work at 5 and get playing again :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

It's the set piece editor allowing people to base set pieces off glitches that I am worried about alright...Looking forward to the full release though!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Got myself a copy yesterday as well, Really good compared to 09 in terms of pace,movement and creativity. Scored some amazing goals outta nothing

Have it on legendary and put 7 past Chelsea in a friendly in manager mode, was as United myself. Even on legendary it seems easy enough.

Didn't try online yet. Thought u couldn't play xbox live as it was before the official release? If you're on this morning I'll give you a game? I'm itching to play online

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

Jesus if youre knocking 7 past chelsea on legendary id be worried!! I have it on the ps3 buddy sorry about that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

I was more worried that the game isn't as competitive as 09 or 08 but I think it's just cause I haven't stopped playing the demo while waiting lol

Ahhh get an xbox jasus :P

Haha well i think its defo harder than last year on legendary! Sometimes cant get a touch of the ball for long periods! Maybe im just sh*te, but i consider myself to be pretty decent haha!

Ah would ya stop xbox's are for the lower class of this world who cant afford ps3's!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Is there any differences at all even small between 360 and ps3 versions??? I have both machines just im tempted buy it for ps3 cause aint played football game on there for ages but i have heard 360 has better graphics ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'm not a FIFA freak but enjoyed 09. But am finding no challenge in 2010. It really is too easy on single player.
    I didn't play on legendary in 09 but am finding I'm having to play on legendary to get any challenge at all. And even then I've still yet to lose.
    I guess though the controls have been vastly improved and the meat will be playing on LIVE.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Is there any differences at all even small between 360 and ps3 versions??? I have both machines just im tempted buy it for ps3 cause aint played football game on there for ages but i have heard 360 has better graphics ??

I've played both demo versions on both consoles and the only difference is that the game will come in different boxes for both consoles.

One for PS3 and one for 360. The only choice you have to make is whether you want the green edges on the box or not. :)

Also online play is a big factor too if that's what you're going for.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I've played both demo versions on both consoles and the only difference is that the game will come in different boxes for both consoles.

One for PS3 and one for 360. The only choice you have to make is whether you want the green edges on the box or not. :)

I wouldn mind playing online at some stage i just dont like having to pay for xbox live when i dont use it that much.

I wouldn mind playing online at some stage i just dont like having to pay for xbox live when i dont use it that much.

Ps3 all the way then! Free online play - no brainer! Dont understand how xbox can charge for this when ps3 is free. How much is it a month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

That_Guy wrote: »

I'm going for online play mainly.

2 points dropped last night mate!:(

Danow247 wrote: »
    Ps3 all the way then! Free online play - no brainer! Dont understand how xbox can charge for this when ps3 is free. How much is it a month?

Depends they do deals now and again but what pisses me off like is you have to either use a credit card to buy the points or get them in a shop what has all big companys got agaisnt laser cards like :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Also have my copy.

Agreed, my favourite football game ever.

Started manager mode on legendary, drew 1-1 with Birmingham in a friendly, beat Chelsea on penalties in the Charity Shield and first game of the season in The Emirates, beat Arsenal 4-0!

Set piece creator is jaw-dropping. Very tough, but my god the feeling when it works out is just amazing.

Cant wait to spend the next 11 months playing this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

How much did ya's btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Where did yee all get!?? How is there so many that have it already!

Got my copy today from gamesnash. Cheers guys :)

Amazing game.

Just in case anyone missed it you can download the santiago bernabeau from the fifa store for free. Delighted with this because its one of my favourite stadiums and I thought Pro eve had the rights to use it and fifa couldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

www.gamesnash.com

They have never failed on getting me a game the day before it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Got my copy today from gamesnash. Cheers guys :)

Amazing game.

Just in case anyone missed it you can download the santiago bernabeau from the fifa store for free. Delighted with this because its one of my favourite stadiums and I thought Pro eve had the rights to use it and fifa couldn't.

Oh yeah cheers for the reminder! forgot all about it.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

55 euro aswell @ Gamesnash. Seems steep particularly as online stores are much more competitive.

This game is far far harder than 09 in my opinion. I could play on legendary and get 1 or 2 nil wins - I'm playing on professional at the moment as I'm finding it real hard to get used to.

Some of the simple things are different. I can't do dummy shots anymore, don't ask me why. And remember the dummy cross running down the wing and you'd pretend to cross but you stop ? I can't do that anymore either.

On the 360 by the way. Finding it hard but very very annoyed I can't do my dummy shots !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Is there any way of finding out the rovers squad on it before getting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

AntoSRFC wrote: »
    Is there any way of finding out the rovers squad on it before getting it?

Yeah,

Gary Twigg
    Gary Twigg
    Gary Twigg
    Gary Twigg
    Gary Twigg
    Gary Twigg
    Gary Twigg
    Gary Twigg
    Gary Twigg
    Gary Twigg
    Gary Twigg

;)

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

55 euro aswell @ Gamesnash. Seems steep particularly as online stores are much more competitive.

For what it's worth the majority of online stores are located in Jersey and are not liable to charge VAT on their games. Because we are located in Ireland our prices include 21.5% VAT. The trade off is that we get the game to you quicker as we have dispatched from within Ireland. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    It's the set piece editor allowing people to base set pieces off glitches that I am worried about alright...Looking forward to the full release though!

you cant use the SPE online according to rutter last time i spoke to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Johner wrote: »
    www.gamesnash.com

They have never failed on getting me a game the day before it comes out.

Xtravision hasn't failed me this time either. And it was cheaper.

Advertisement