Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powdery mould on my leafy greens

Options
  • 01-10-2009 10:26am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I have a grey powdery mould on my broccoli plants and it looks like they're done for. It seems to have spread to some of my cabbages and one of my brussels sprouts plants now too though. Also, there are greyish spots on the leaves of my swedes but I don't know if that's related.

I googled it and read about an anti-fungal spray but I haven't been able to find it yet. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or give any advice?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

I had a similar problem - found it was possibly because I was watering with a sprinkler in the evenings. Since changing to watering with a hose and only to the roots - the problem has stopped affecting my plants.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Thanks Minder - I have been watering with the sprinkler setting. I'll just water the roots from now on.

Advertisement