Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 10 - best price?

Options
  • 01-10-2009 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

gonna pick this up tomorrow so thought I'd start a thread to try and find the cheapest place to purchase.

I've heard Tesco UK are going to be selling it for around 25 sterling. Hoping they'll have a similar deal here too.

HMV are usually good for selling new releases on the cheap too...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Moved to PES/FIFA forum

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

mcgooch wrote: »
    gonna pick this up tomorrow so thought I'd start a thread to try and find the cheapest place to purchase.

I've heard Tesco UK are going to be selling it for around 25 sterling. Hoping they'll have a similar deal here too.

HMV are usually good for selling new releases on the cheap too...

HMV are a good place to check for this type of release. I'd expect Tesco to be slightly more expensive though!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've been told that HMV are selling it for €45.

Argos: €49.99
    HMV: €45.00
    Smyths: €49.99/€45 with a loyalty card
    Gamestop: €55
    Xtra-Vision: €49.99 with a free football. They're also doing an offer wherby if you trade in two games from a list you'll get it for free. You'll have to see in store though for this list of games as it's not on their website.
    Tesco: TBA but I would say they'll be charging around the same as Argos for it. Still, I'm holding out for the off chance that they may be selling it for €35 like they did with FIFA 09 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

Thanks That Guy. I'll give Tesco a call later today and see if I can get a price from them. I'll post my findings here.

mcgooch wrote: »
    Thanks That Guy. I'll give Tesco a call later today and see if I can get a price from them. I'll post my findings here.

If you've a 24 hour Tesco near you, you might get it at midnight.... if you're lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

gamestop are indeed charging 55 euro. visited my local one about an hour ago(''come back later and maybe we will sell it early''). WTF? Most new games from GS have been around 45 recently. I got Batman for that on release day. Are they trying to make up for their preorder trade-in deal with this higher price.

Anyway will prolly pick it up in HMV, student discount etc.

Anyone tried GAME?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I've noticed a few games in GS priced at one price on the thursday after 6, and then a cheaper price the next day on the official release date.

mise wrote: »
    I've noticed a few games in GS priced at one price on the thursday after 6, and then a cheaper price the next day on the official release date.

Hmm seems like a very strange procedure. Surely if someone goes in the day before a game's release and sees the price they will be discouraged from purchasing in that store the next day(release day).

Do GS still do that 'we match other store's price' thingy. Coz I will be in Dun Laoighre all tomorrow and there is a Gamestop and don't wanna pay 55euro if it's cheaper elsewhere.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Hmm seems like a very strange procedure. Surely if someone goes in the day before a game's release and sees the price they will be discouraged from purchasing in that store the next day(release day).

Do GS still do that 'we match other store's price' thingy. Coz I will be in Dun Laoighre all tomorrow and there is a Gamestop and don't wanna pay 55euro if it's cheaper elsewhere.

Gamestop don't pricematch or at least not in my experience - plus they are kinda jerkish overall - take your money to who ever is selling cheapest and reward them for not gouging people.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Gamestop don't pricematch or at least not in my experience - plus they are kinda jerkish overall - take your money to who ever is selling cheapest and reward them for not gouging people.

Yes true. Luckily there is an Argos in Dun Laoighaire too. So get it there for 49.99. There prolly is an Xtravision somewhere there too and a Tesco. Not too familar with Dun L..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

There's a tesco in the shopping center.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

It's been sold for £28 in England for 24hours after release, so there'll probs be a similar offer going on here. €40 for first 24hours after release!?

Still, I'm gonna try other places this evening, as I don't mind paying a bit more to definatley get it tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

hey my friend went into tesco in the crescent in limerick there and they told him they're selling it for 49.99. boo..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Harpy wrote: »
    hey my friend went into tesco in the crescent in limerick there and they told him they're selling it for 49.99. boo..

Rip-off Ireland is alive and well, almost €20 more than the Tesco UK price :mad:

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Rip-off Ireland is alive and well, almost €20 more than the Tesco UK price :mad:

suppose its cause they don't have the competition from asda over here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

€50 in Xtravision with a free football. They seem to be the safest bet as well if you want it tonight, went out on the shelves earlier this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭amjon

Harpy wrote: »
    suppose its cause they don't have the competition from asda over here..

Or Morrisons or Netto or Somerfeild or Sainsbury...

amjon wrote: »
    Or Morrisons or Netto or Somerfeild or Sainsbury...

that too.. but they seem to be having a price war with asda over it.. they were meant to be selling it for 28 but fropped it to 24.97 then once asda published their price..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Well I called in to the 24 hour Tesco in Waterford on my way to work at 12 and it wasn't out on the shelves. I was in a hurry so didn't have time to find someone to ask. Anybody else been to Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

tesco in artane were selling it last night (after midnight) at 50 quid.

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Well I called in to the 24 hour Tesco in Waterford on my way to work at 12 and it wasn't out on the shelves. I was in a hurry so didn't have time to find someone to ask. Anybody else been to Tesco?

I was in my local Tesco in Ashbourne last night and I asked the manager there, who just happens to be a hardcore gamer, and he was saying that it won't be as cheap as last year.

I'm going over to Blanch now to pick my copy up but I'll check back into Tesco on the way home and see if it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Can anyone please post up the prices from GAME, Gamestop, HMV and Xtravision. Hoping to pick it up after work. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Moved to the PES/FIFA forum.

Cheers lads. Can close this thread. Didn't know there was a fifa forum :P

GAME: €49.99
    HMV: €45.00 (my cousin who works in the Blanch store told me this)
    Gamestop: €55.00 (From what I've been reading)
    Xtravision: €49.99 including a free football.

HMV seems to be the cheapest thus far.

Gonna get mine in GAME in Blanch though. Gonna trade in Arkham Asylum and I've got €13 left on a gift voucher for Blanch.

I've gotten good store credit from GAME in the past when it comes to trading in games so I'm hoping I'll get a decent enough return today. Not entirely sure what HMV are like with trade ins.

I did see them advertising a special offer in store in Henry St whereby you could get Halo: ODST for €32.99 when you traded in Arkham Asylum or another game (the name eludes me at present).

I'll check both and I'll post more info when I return from Blanch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

anyone tried trading in fifa 09 against it? think it was only €20 with fifa 08 for 09 last year in xtravision
    (that said i preferred the pro evo demo this yr, didnt seem to be much diff in fifa but i guess thats for another thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I rang Tesco in Navan and they didn't even have it in stock.

Tesco are selling it for €35 until next friday. Was a big ad for it in todays paper.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    I did see them advertising a special offer in store in Henry St whereby you could get Halo: ODST for €32.99 when you traded in Arkham Asylum or another game (the name eludes me at present).

THat's a terrible offer. ODST is only €40 in xtravision and €45 in gamestop. Dont know about the rest but thats not much credit for batman considering its still a new release. You'll get €30 trade in for it in Gamestop off a preorder

Advertisement