Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you do?

• 01-10-2009 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

Quick one, delivery turns up at your job, Driver is showing signs of being worst for wear, ie drunk. What would you do? Have this situation here now. Management talking about it. Would you

1. Just ring the Garda and report it?
    2. Leave the bosses to sort it?

The reason I ask is becasue my father was nearly killed by a drunk driver years ago and a friends father was killed by a drunk driver within the last few years.

I know what I want ot do, just don't know if I should piss the boss off by doing it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I'd report it. For your own peace of mind if anything.

How would you feel if you saw the van on its roof after ploughing into a car on the 9 O Clock news? Thats how i look at these things when I'm in the dilemma of reporting someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Does the boss have to know you rang the Gardai.

The man shouldnt be driving he's truck, simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

The other thing is, how exactly are the bosses gonig to "sort" it? The only way is to report it, so you might as well do it too. Its no harm if they also report it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd report it, don't tell anyone if you don't want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭mountain

report the driver, as said earlier, how would you feel if you saw the van on the news later.

How would you feel if van crashed into someone that you know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Report it. End of.

I remember a similar situation years ago with a driver at work. Came in stinking of it and bleary eyed. Told him he was going nowhere and we'd get him a cab home. Next thing out the gate like a rocket he goes. One of the lads rang his brother who was a guard and got him stopped and bagged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Report it. The fella doesn't need any thinking about. He doesn't have any respect for you or me if he's drink driving.

There is enough info out there on the dangers etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Quick one, delivery turns up at your job, Driver is showing signs of being worst for wear, ie drunk. What would you do? Have this situation here now. Management talking about it.

Just to clarify ...is this a random driver from an outside delivery company that just happened to drop something off or is the delivery driver from the company where you work ?

Because if it is the second, I'd keep well out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

peasant wrote: »
    Just to clarify ...is this a random driver from an outside delivery company that just happened to drop something off or is the delivery driver from the company where you work ?

Because if it is the second, I'd keep well out of it.

Random driver. Even if it was someone I worked with I would still take the same stance.

Call made, a long time ago. More worried about the boss going mad for me going over his head. Ahh f**k him, as pointed out the tool could kill any body, including people both I and he knows.

Thanks for the backing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Never trust management to get anything done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Random driver. Even if it was someone I worked with I would still take the same stance.

Call made, a long time ago. More worried about the boss going mad for me going over his head. Ahh f**k him, as pointed out the tool could kill any body, including people both I and he knows.

Thanks for the backing up.

Your boss would change their tune if the drunk driver reversed into their car
    whilst leaving the carpark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

quick update, Guards rang, no sogn Driver long gone. I couldn't get the reg myself and no one in the warehouse thought of getting it. Looks like he will get away with it. B*****d.

Edit, Buy the way it was a 40 foot curtain sider. Think he boss was told about the situation so hoppefully he will get some punishment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Scary to think of someone like that doing full speed on a motorway!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ring the driver company office, demand to speak to a manager.
    Then tell them you're ringing from XYZ company and a driver that was there at 11 was drunk on the job. They'll take necessary action when customers complain.

Advertisement