Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supper clubs

Options
  • 01-10-2009 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Sorry if this has been posted previously, but I don't see it anywhere...

Would anyone be interested in helping organise/getting involved/hosting a supper club?? The idea being that someone hosts six/eight (whatever number fits around your table) strangers for dinner some night and for a small fee, say €20, you get your dinner and a chance to talk about food with other foodies! A nice social evening with some good homemade food!

If someone has this going already perhaps you can point me in the right direction!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭niall_belfast

I've thought that a supper club would be a fantastic idea for some time now - I really like the idea of the Spanish "Sociedad Gastronomica" where men from a small area regularly meet to cook and talk about food, and traditional recipes.

In Belfast here..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I'd love to do it, if my kitchen wasn't the size of a postage stamp! When (if!) we get an extension... I'd DEFO want to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭niall_belfast

We have friends over for dinner parties regularly enough, but it doesn't seem to be a common practice in Ireland - my brother emigrated to Oz and it's just the done thing there.. Mind you, entertaining is a bit easier when you have soaring temperatures, a pool, a fridge full of VB, and a massive BBQ :)

Advertisement