Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smithwick's new ale?

Options
  • 01-10-2009 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭

Smithwick’s new ale anyone seen the adverts in the paper today?

Is it a new ale or just normal Smithwick’s with a head ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭r0nanf

Just a rebrand afaik - nice look, hopefully it will helo create a bit more market for ale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Does it say "New" in the ads :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Des wrote: »
    Does it say "New" in the ads :confused:

No actually I got it totally wrong. I was looking at their website and was seeing new(even though it doesn't say new anywhere:o) but when I went back there to look at it in the paper just says rebranding.

Smithwick’s Superior Irish Ale.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Smithwick’s Superior Irish Ale.
    Well I know where my money's going in this year's World's Most Ironic Beer Title competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Pye

They need to get it and Kilkenny on draught in more pubs. The only place I ever drink draught Kilkenny nowadays is in France!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Pye wrote: »
    They need to get it and Kilkenny on draught in more pubs.

I don't think I've ever been in any pub (bar the likes of the Porterhouse and The Bull&Castle) where Smithwick's wasn't on tap.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

There's a couple of places in waterford that do it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Pye

I don't think I've ever been in any pub (bar the likes of the Porterhouse and The Bull&Castle) where Smithwick's wasn't on tap.

In Limerick there are several pubs either without it or with gone off beer. As for Kilkenny, nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 yousername

maybe its for a 300th year celebration?

yousername wrote: »
    maybe its for a 300th year celebration?
    I think it was just its turn -- all the other big Diageo beer brands got a revamp in the last few years.

I'd say they will probably do something for the Smithwick's anniversary, though their plans to have the brewery closed by 2013 will hang over any positive publicity they try to generate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,990 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Practically no pubs in Cork have Smithwick's on tap.
    Although, it recently went into The Mutton-Diago must be pushing it hard at the moment. It'll be a hard sell though; it was pretty much forgotten about down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

I love a large bottle of smithwicks myself, but does anyone know why you cant buy them in a city off-license???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Pye wrote: »
    They need to get it and Kilkenny on draught in more pubs. The only place I ever drink draught Kilkenny nowadays is in France!

jack o rourkes in blackrock, dublin have it on tap

Just about any vaguely touristy place has Kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I've been in places where it was on tap but either awful or well, they had none actaully hooked up to the tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

The Dutch are mad for Kilkenny and Murphys Red, we have it on draught in the pub I'm working in and it's a huge seller.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Murphy's red is mad in the netherlands no?

Van der Murphjin's Dutch Rood

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

mayordenis wrote: »

Van der Murphjin's Dutch Rouge

Just plain old Murphys Red in my place but that does sound pretty impressive.

mayordenis wrote: »
    It is. France too, AFAIK. It disappeared from Ireland about three or four years ago, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

whitey21 wrote: »
    I love a large bottle of smithwicks myself, but does anyone know why you cant buy them in a city off-license???

Sweeneys Off Licence have them. Think they're address in Glasnevin. They're near St Vincents school at the top of the Finglas Road

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Madigan's on abbey street has kilkenny on tap, lovely stuff :)

Advertisement