Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what workers rights does Lisbon infringe?

Options
  • 01-10-2009 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭

I'm a no voter and my vote has nothing to do with any posters or whatever any group has said. But i have 2 friends connected with a group who feel the need to include me within their little circle of lies and untruths as to why we should vote no. One of the things they keep harping on about is workers rights. But they can't tell me what exactly. I actually think they are campaigning against something they haven't a clue about. I've read the treaty and i am not sure what area of workers rights is an issue to no voters. Perhaps any no voters here can point out what their issues are regarding the matter of workers rights. Or yes voters who have heard the same complaints before.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

So what workers rights does Lisbon infringe?

None. They're lying

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

The Charter of Fundamental Rights protects workers rights.

Link to CoFR. Page 15, or Chapter 4, outlines workers rights.

Advertisement