Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free texts to Tesco mobile ?

• 01-10-2009 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Does the free texts that Vodafone, 02, 3 and Meteor do apply to Tesco mobile or are you still charged if you text to a tesco mobile ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Vodafone O2 and Meteor give the free texts to ALL networks. Including Tesco.

3 on the other hand don't let their customers call/text the Tesco network. I'm not sure why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

It is profoundly ridiculous that networks are allowed decide who you can call, this should be the subject of effective regulation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

there's a dispute between 3 & tesco in realtion to mobile termination charges, it's been handled by comreg. Until that dispute is settled I doubt there will be any cooperation between the 2 of them.

Let's say your on vodafone and you call someone on o2, o2 will charge vodafone for connecting the call onto the o2 network. That charge is called a termination charge.
    I'm guessing tesco are charging too high a price hence the dispute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

jordainius wrote: »
    Vodafone O2 and Meteor give the free texts to ALL networks. Including Tesco.

3 on the other hand don't let their customers call/text the Tesco network. I'm not sure why.
    You can't call Tesco from 3 but you can text

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ICTIRELAND

Thank you for contacting ComReg.

ComReg is aware that Three are choosing not to connect calls to users of the Tesco Mobile network as they maintain that the delivery of these calls is linked to a dispute which ComReg is investigating between Three and Tesco Mobile. Whilst ComReg considers this action to be inappropriate we do not think it is in contravention of existing obligations or in contravention of the Treaty of Rome.

Whilst ComReg does not consider there is any reasonable link to the dispute referenced above we expect Three to cease blocking these calls when we formally conclude the dispute determination in the near future.

ComReg received and accepted a request for dispute resolution from Hutchison 3G Ireland under the Dispute Resolution Procedures set out under ComReg decision notice D18/03. The scope of the dispute concerns an alleged failure by Tesco Mobile to negotiate interconnection by virtue of a failure to negotiate Mobile Termination Rates for the provision of mobile voice call termination services. Please see the following link for further information on this decision notice:

http://www.comreg.ie/about_us/comreg_accepts_dispute_resolution_request.43.911.whatsnew.html

Should you have any other queries or require any other assistance from me you can call our Consumer Team on 1890 229668 or 01 8049668.

Yours sincerely,

Commission for Communications Regulation
    Abbey Court Irish Life Centre Lower Abbey Street
    Dublin 1 Ireland
    Telephone 1890 229 668
    Telephone 01 8049668
    Fax +353 1 804 9680

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Advertisement