Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Student vandals

• 01-10-2009 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

Why do alot students feel the need to vandalise private property?

also i have noticed that most students seem to go deaf when they get drunk and feel the need to have to shout at each other when they have conversations at 4am in the morning. they show no consideration to the fact people have work and some even have young children trying to get sleep.

please show some consideration to the residents of carlow, as we don't go around vandalising your property or screaming outside your house at 4am every morning, during the week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

?? I guess that never happens when students are not around, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Cuchulain

RealistSpy wrote: »

^ Guilty as charged

To a much lesser extent. Just because other people do it, doesnt make it ok to do.

I am not saying its the right thing to do, far from it. Its just that when students do somthing the world has to go on alert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Couldnt get to sleep the other night in college green because the students in the house beside us were having a house party and playing soccer outside till like 5am, filthy students.... oh wait...

But yeah not all students are a$$holes, just a small minority of scumbags who like to annoy the crap out of people when their drunk (or sober).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

as we don't go around vandalising your property or screaming outside your house at 4am
    every morning, during the week.

Wouldn't it be brilliant if we did?
    Around exam time when they're all on edge from the overdoes of caffeine :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

actually yes it only happens when the students are around... my car & house never got vandalised during the summer months or on a weekend

Call the gardi!!!! Your problems wont be solved here!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

invest in a pellet gun, or a paintball gun.. messier

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Or an actual gun....even messier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

It's a fair point and I agree with you but you need to make the distinction that not all students turn completely uncivilised when they're let off their parents leash.

I hate that **** as much as you, I actually want to get up and go to class but neighbours playing ****ing Gareth Brooks (:confused: I know right?) till 5am makes it somewhat harder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Thanks for having the balls to start this thread. Im actually pleasantly surprised wit hthe replies so far. Overall, however, I find it hard to blame students for the **** that they do. I more blame society in general, and parents. We need to get rid of this sense of 'freedom' that we all seem to think we deserve. We don't deserve it at all because it's now proven that we're slobs who cannot look after ourselves or our planet. We need strict rules in order to keep society under control.

There's no hope for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

lol... ...since i've got a '+1' on that, let me just continue: Deviation from religious values is our downfall, I think. I say this despite being an Atheist though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Completely agree, we should look into that Communist thing, they never seem to get outta line.

Well, as silly as that sounds (...and I think that you're just joking with me), something like the communism that exists in China IS a good thing. Communism is by far the best idea for a form of governance, and I think that it has some worth in practice too. Granted, people aren't generally super happy with it, but I think that everyone at least has an equal chance in it. What do we have with democracy? - Depression, increased suicide, unequal - and unfair - division of wealth, etc. This place stinks to high heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Call the gardi!!!! Your problems wont be solved here!

we have -- unless your already dead or dealing drugs the gardaí arent interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Bobby1984

Call the cops and say that there are hooligans down here vandalising my property and they are dealing drugs too

Problem solved, cops will be there in two hours.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭IronWolf

Kevster wrote: »
    Well, as silly as that sounds (...and I think that you're just joking with me), something like the communism that exists in China IS a good thing. Communism is by far the best idea for a form of governance, and I think that it has some worth in practice too. Granted, people aren't generally super happy with it, but I think that everyone at least has an equal chance in it. What do we have with democracy? - Depression, increased suicide, unequal - and unfair - division of wealth, etc. This place stinks to high heaven.

Been to China lately? These shortcomings of democracy that you mention are also evident in the PRC. Both forms of governance are susceptible to widespread corruption which leads to an unequal division of wealth & so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

also i have noticed that most students seem to go deaf when they get drunk and feel the need to have to shout at each other when they have conversations at 4am in the morning. they show no consideration to the fact people have work and some even have young children trying to get sleep.

please show some consideration to the residents of carlow, as we don't go around vandalising your property or screaming outside your house at 4am every morning, during the week.

Get off your arse and do somethin about it instead of moanin! Confront em the next day when their sober; if their not responsive call their landlord and Gardi. If it persists buy yourself a good balaclava and give em a baten! I think you'll find people more responsive when you voice your concerns to THEM instead of slandering half the population of Carlow by saying we're all vandals. Give them a chance to fix the problem by letting them know there is one in the first place.

I do understand your concern but you need to talk to them simple as!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Most of the bad ones are 1st 2nd yr immature MALE students who think college is 1 big Party... & when they get into groups & off their heads on buckfast or Lsd... egg each other on to do Nasty **** like Kick mirrors off cars throw trollys in2 the river or the apartment where im living set off the fire alarm @ 3am in the morning :mad:.
    I almost lost the plot that night & the lads who let it off know that!!! (but shur ur only young once as they say) So think me & the girlfriend will move at christmas somewhere quiet :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

I'm not a student myself but I'm glad you brought this topic up. Young lads from the Carlow IT think it is hilarious to tip over my cows after a night "on the sauce". In my opinion this is worse than mere vandalism to inanimate property - these are living and breathing cows we are talking about. If any of the perpetrators are reading this I hope you are proud of yourselves :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

Dboy85 wrote: »
    Get off your arse and do somethin about it instead of moanin! Confront em the next day when their sober; if their not responsive call their landlord and Gardi.

I wasn't sure what you were talking about here so I did a search on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gardi

Why would you want to call an ancient Indian tribe? I don't think you're taking this topic seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Fo Real wrote: »
    I wasn't sure what you were talking about here so I did a search on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gardi

Why would you want to call an ancient Indian tribe? I don't think you're taking this topic seriously

:rolleyes:...STFU!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Actually it doesn't ;)

Advertisement