Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite expansion pack?

Options
  • 01-10-2009 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭

Place your votes in the poll above and let us know why!

I went for Hote Date in Sims 1. I'm not into the whole continuosly getting wives and girlfriends in the game, but this was the first expansion pack that went outside the home and into the town iirc, and it really opened up the whole series to so much more.

Favourite expansion pack? 25 votes

Livin' Large
    0% 0 votes
    House Party
    4% 1 vote
    Hot Date
    8% 2 votes
    Vacation
    4% 1 vote
    Unleashed
    8% 2 votes
    Superstar
    4% 1 vote
    Makin' Magic
    4% 1 vote
    University
    4% 1 vote
    Nightlife
    8% 2 votes
    Open for Business
    4% 1 vote
    Pets
    24% 6 votes
    Seasons
    16% 4 votes
    Bon Voyage
    8% 2 votes
    FreeTime
    4% 1 vote
    Apartment Life
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Sims House Party. The original and best. Nothing better than having the ability to actually have a decent looking party for the first time ever. Then deleting all the doors that results in an eternity party. muahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Open For Business was so dynamic and took the series to new heights! My opinion anyway haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

SIms pets

(because its the only one i have:rolleyes:)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Apartment life is my fave. Although I must admit I was a little disappointed with the standard apartments that came with the game, it's great to be able to create your own blocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Open for Business for me, added a new dimension to the lives of the Sims

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

Toughie!!

With the original Sims, I think I had the most fun with Makin' Magic . . .

I'm still using Sims 2, and while Seasons and Free Time has made things much more interesting, I think the Pets expansion pack has improved the life of my sims . . . they're much happier with furry creatures. (Werewolves included!)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I really liked University and Seasons. Seasons is a real change. Even though it's fairly useless, I like not having it sunny and dry every day. University is nice too because you can get a good head start in careers and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭woodzyx

University, Superstar and Makin' Magic were the ones that did it for me.
    Although Unleashed and Pets definitely deserve a mention because they marked the turning point!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

The Sims Unleashed. Having a neighbourhood revamp was the highlight of that expansion for me. Love it!!

I've changed my mind! :D

Seasons was brilliant :( I nearly forgot how much I liked it!

The winter and snow was so much fun. I remember my Sim couple waking their kids up at about midnight cause it had started snowing and the whole garden was covered so they all went out to play in the snow and then came back in for hot cocoa and back to bed.

I want that :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Kavkid

I was in between OFB, Nightlife and Superstar... I went for OFB. Brought a whole new idea into the game + it made a few of my sims filthy rich :P

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I think my favourite is Seasons, I miss having summer and winter now in sims 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MedlyObsidian

So hard to choose! I went with Makin' Magic just because there was so much to do with it, and a little bit for the nostalgia. I wish Sims 2 had an expansion like that.

I've got all the sims1 expansions but I'm missing open for business and bon voyage for 2. If I had to pick to get just one of those, which should I get?

So hard to choose! I went with Makin' Magic just because there was so much to do with it, and a little bit for the nostalgia. I wish Sims 2 had an expansion like that.

I've got all the sims1 expansions but I'm missing open for business and bon voyage for 2. If I had to pick to get just one of those, which should I get?

If you like playing the game, as in starting from scratch and gradually saving money and all that, Open For Business is great.

Bon Voyage is good but probably only if you're using money cheats and your Sims just want to go on holiday all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MedlyObsidian

Alicat wrote: »
    If you like playing the game, as in starting from scratch and gradually saving money and all that, Open For Business is great.

Bon Voyage is good but probably only if you're using money cheats and your Sims just want to go on holiday all the time.

Well that's the thing...I go back and forth. And even when I do play without cheats its for ridiculously long periods of time and I make a lot of money. I've heard OFB is fun with Seasons, and you can sell crops and stuff.

Maybe I'll just buy one and ask for the other for Christmas.

Advertisement