Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

rennault modus shudder?

Options
  • 01-10-2009 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

hiya folks,
    took a search on here for similar topics, but couldn't find any apart from one on a megane, don't know how different the engine design/setup would be to a modus:confused:

Got a renault modus (1.2ltr) earlier this year, and now and again when in traffic creeping along/moving off slowly in first, it shudders badly. Thought it might be my clutching skills going, but it's happened both my parents who drive the car occasionally, who have clocked close on 80+yrs of driving between them, and this hasn't happened them before!

It seems to only be when the engines warm, no probs like that when starting cold. Have tried more power with it, and less power, and the only thing that really works is clutch in, higher revs and straight to second-which doesn't give me any shuddery problems!

Just wondering if anyone would have any clue what this might be or if it's an indicator of something? Will be going in for a service in a month or two anyways, but I'd like to have an idea of what's going on!
    cheers muchly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Sounds like clutch problem again. Get your friendly mechanic
    to do a diagnostic while its getting service.
    Acting up from cold could mean the temp sensor needs replacing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭comanche

reckon this is an ignition coil ... are there any lights on the dash!?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

comanche, yup, all lights are present and correct on dash...It's going in for a service next week, so fingers crossed all will be grand! Thanks folks..

Advertisement