Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lost provisional license

Options
  • 01-10-2009 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi,

I originally lost my provisional license around a year and a half ago and I'm now just getting around to getting a new. Due to college work and moving to Spain for 6 months I didn't have time to get a new one.
    Anyway I have the forms to get a new one but seeing as I lost my first license (which is also out of date) do I need the form that has to be signed by a garda or do I just need the form for the renewal of a driving license.

Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

You need to get the lost/stolen licence signed by a guard and send that off with the usual application form (same as the one you filled out for your first provisional) and the new photos, fee etc. No new eyesight report though.

My old provisional had been expired for three years (and lost for probably two and a half years. . . ) when I reapplied a couple of months ago and I needed the lost/stolen licence form.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

Cool, thanks a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

elbee wrote: »
    You need to get the lost/stolen licence signed by a guard and send that off with the usual application form

I think what I meant to say was "You need to get the lost/stolen licence FORM signed by a guard and send that off with the usual application form."

What I originally said would be a little difficult what with it being lost :) Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

Its ok, I guessed thats what you meant anyway :)

Advertisement