Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zu

• 01-10-2009 1:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭

Anyone else see these guys at Crawdaddy on Tuesday? Very heavy sax/ electric bass/drums action - I suppose you'd have to compare them to Last Exit and Painkiller, neither of whom I ever saw live, but I think Zu can easily stand the comparison. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information about them on the internet (well, not in English anyway - there might be more in Italian) but any pointers would be gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

I saw them a few years ago in Voodoo, of all places. They were super. Think they were selling CDs at the gig. I didn't get one but I know someone who did. Will find out about it for ya...
    rottenhat wrote: »
    Anyone else see these guys at Crawdaddy on Tuesday? Very heavy sax/ electric bass/drums action - I suppose you'd have to compare them to Last Exit and Painkiller, neither of whom I ever saw live, but I think Zu can easily stand the comparison. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information about them on the internet (well, not in English anyway - there might be more in Italian) but any pointers would be gratefully received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭welcomeinjam

Missed them on Tuesday cause I literally had no money but really wanted to go. Theres a little information on them here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zu_(band) and I managed to pick up their latest album at tower records.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

I picked up Carboniferous at the gig, along with a live album with a lengthy Japanese title that escapes me for the moment. At first listen I think I like the live set more - the studio album seems to have an almost industrial (in the sub-techno sense of industrial rather than the good Neubauten sense) feel to it which subtracts from the music, I would say. I gather they have previously recorded albums with Steve Albini and Bob Weston which I'd be interested to hear as I think they'd be closer to the live sound but without the thin sound of the live album I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭TheBandit

I was at that gig, a lot heavier than i expected but i still enjoyed it. They get guest musicans on their albums with i think adds a lot to the diversity. Igneo is a great album, its a lot jazzier than thier live set.

Advertisement